5: End Of The Night

"Ah! Just the man I'm looking for!" Selene's chirpy voice greeted Keir as soon as he entered through the shed door.

His eyes scanned through the shed like a hawk before landing on Selene. Her overly cheery voice and the enthusiastic smile plastered on her face aroused suspicion in him.

"I scrubbed the floor, shelves and pretty much everything that had blood painted on. Oh! I used the room freshener too," She informed with an animated smile.

Keir was still skeptical. He was no fool to underestimate this woman who negotiated and threatened a serial killer.

"Where's Will?" He squinted his eyes slightly and looked around for him.

"Oh, you mean his body?" Selene asked feigning innocence. Keir gave her a 'whatever' look.

"I found a huge plastic bag while going through those shelves. He should be fine in that." She waved off.

Keir rolled his eyes at her, "I must agree Selene, you are a natural at this."

She scowled at him before placing back her fake smile, "Drop.Me.Off."

"I would, if you stop giving me those chirpy smiles. It's creepy," Keir complained.

"You are the one to talk about creepy." She glowered, frowning to herself.

"Much better," He sighed, relieved.

"Now can we go?" She tapped her foot impatiently.

"Let me just grab his body-"

She cut him off, "No! I'm not gonna wait here and watch you give him funeral rites. I don't even wanna know where you'll bury him," She shook her head.

"Actually, I was going to cremate him," Keir said impassively.

Selene frozed nonplussed.

"Oh! Okay."

Keir sighed rubbing his stubble with his palm, "Fine, I'll drop you off. Let's go."

Selene nodded relieved, she grabbed her money bag and made her way to the door alongside Keir.

Outside, a dull grey, farm truck came into her view. She walked near it, her eyes examined the truck.

"Get inside." His voice interrupted her scrutiny.

She got in, half expecting it to reek with the putrid smell of bodies or blood but it smelt like him, subtle woodsy cologne with light citrus sense.

Engine revived to life and they started driving towards the town.

"So...A farm truck? " She mused, just enough for him to hear. "-Great choice for carrying bodies."

Keir clenched his jaw restraining himself from hurting Selene, "You bet," He muttered.

Selene's eyes glanced at his pale knuckles on the steering wheel. Her eyes slowly travelled to his veiny forearms then to his sturdy arms that were covered under his sweatshirt.

He had an athletic lean body with broad shoulders. His nose was straight and sharp with an equally edgy jawline and a light stubble on it. He looked around her age or someone who got fresh out of college.

She wondered how he manages to carry the bodies alone. It was her first thought then followed by how an attractive man like him could indulge into something so gruelling.

"We are here." He muttered, bringing her back to reality.

Selene cleared her throat and looked outside the window. They were back at the vacant parking lot of the club.