27: Ultimate Ruin

If Selene was to ever have kids, she would point them to the Hudson club in Downtown and narrate to them how their Mamma survived the nights of adventure here. Which would undeniably involve Keir.

Selene walked through that ghastly parking lot yet again for another night of adventure. And as planned, with Mr. Killer looks. She was still wary about why he specifically asked her to join him at the club.

As they walked in, a young man approached them and gave a nod to Keir. Keir nodded back and slapped a dollar roll in his hands. The man cocked his head sideways signalling them to follow him.

He led them to a secured booth. These booths were for the VIPs or practically to anyone who would want complete privacy. Since quarter of America's criminals were stocked here, the club was divided for the local, amateur, national and international criminals.

It still surprises her how everyone knows what happens in this town but still Downtown and its criminals have managed to scare off the government for generations. Maybe that was why Keir chose to come here.

But why was he leaving? A question popped in her mind.

"A private booth?" Selene mused looking around the dimly lit but visible room.

Keir plopped on the couch and patted the seat beside him, asking her to join.

"I got tired of the bar stools, it's too noisy out there."

Selene smirked and sat beside him, "Is this a date?"

Keir went stiff and his ears turned pink, "Of course not. If it was, I wouldn't bring you here." He frowned.

Selene gave a dry laugh, "Well, I do have some pretty bleak standards. So I won't mind."

Keir just nodded, suddenly out of words. He was a little jittery tonight. He might know the reason but wasn't ready to acknowledge it.

They fell into a comfortable silence. It was better than making small talks. A barmaid walked in, strutting her heels over her pear shaped body that has curves in all right places.

Selene always envied those women compared to her inverted triangle body with broad shoulders and relatively small hips. It always gave her a somewhat masculine look.

"What can I get ya?" The barmaid asked, chewing her gum.

Her face was artistically painted with makeup. Her smokey eye shadow complimented her hazel eyes, or that was what Selene assumed they were in the club lighting.

For the first minute, Selene couldn't turn her gaze away from her. She wondered what the man would be doing. Instinctively, she looked at Keir who was busy scanning the menu on his lap.

His gaze barely lingered over her body when she entered in. His eyes were only focused on her face when he recited the order.

If it were Haden he would have had her up against the wall by now. It was what made Keir different from everyone. His flirty cocky side was just for her to see.

Selene smiled to herself at that.

Was she impressed? She questioned herself but shook that thought out of her mind.

She recalled why she agreed to come. She remembered what she said to Shana before passing out last night. She will not let him in. She cannot lose NIA's support.

Soon the Barmaid came back with their drinks, Keir tipped her off with a bountiful amount of cash. He was surprisingly being generous today. That gave her a chance to ask her first question.