13: Rest In Piece

"Where were you?"

Haden sat on the couch with a frown etched on his face.

Selene heart drummed against her ribs, dreading he might already know where she was.

"I went to the washroom." But she took a chance.

He nodded, "Why hasn't the client showed up yet?"

"Uh-he must be running late."

Her phone gave a ping and vibrated in her hand that brought her attention to it.

She opened the message sent by: Mr. Killer looks which he saved in her phone himself.

_Ditch that douche and come out! I'm waiting.

Her grip on her phone tightened with fury for ordering her around.

"Fifteen minutes then I'll leave," Haden sighed and slid deeper into the couch.

Her phone pinged again.

Message by Mr. Killer looks _ Three minutes then I'll come to you.

"What's with all the time warnings today?" Selene muttered to herself.

"What?" Haden asked, confused.

"Huh? Uh, nothing." She cursed to herself for saying that out loud.

"Who is it?" Haden questioned noticing her checking her phone.

Lucky stars were not on her side today. There's every chance that these two egoistic, sadistic men could cross paths today and when they do Selene could die in the misfire, literally.

"It's the client. He texted that he'll be late. I'll just call him to know how late he'll be." She lied using it as an excuse to meet Keir.

Haden shrugged, "Sure."

Selene took off from there and her legs instantly found their way to the jerk standing in the far corner of the parking lot.

"Who do you think you are, sending me threat messages to come out?" Selene yelled.

Keir turned around, his eyes raked her from head to toe imprinting her sight into his mind once again.

He scratched the stubble on his jaw with his knife and his eyes finally settled on her face.

"Didn't I save my name on your phone?" He asked, confused.

Selene rolled her eyes, "Oh yeah you did, Mr. Killer looks."

He flashed her a boyish grin making her heart skip a beat, "Emphasis on the killer, of course."

His thick British accent came out that Selene never observed that he had one.

"Stop playing around, Keir. Why are we here?"

"As I said, to kill Haden," He said as a matter of fact.

Selene looked at him dumbfounded for a moment before giving a wry laugh.

"Stop joking."

"I don't pull jokes on murdering," He said in a serious tone.

Selene bit her lip and nodded, "Fine! Why do you want to kill him?"

Keir scoffed, "Because I can? I'm a psychopath, angel. I don't have to explain myself," He said waving the knife around.

"Don't call me angel!"

He ignored her and made his way to the club. Selene pushed him back forcefully to stop him.