30: Woke Up Hurting

Groaning to herself, Selene opened her eyes and came up face to face with the beauty of her life.

Keir was busy running his fingers along her collar bones and playing with her half moon pendant.

He had a smile on his face, one that she never saw. It was unique but beautiful.

"Hey.." Selene placed a dazzling smile and greeted him. She loves it that her face doesn't hurt fake smiling anymore. With him, she doesn't have to fake anything anymore.

"Good morning to you too, Angel." Keir grinned and pecked her lips, while slowly ran along her bellybutton under the bed sheet.

A strange pleasant feeling bubbled in her heart. Was it from the sweet peck he placed on her lips or his fingers doing their thing, she wasn't sure.

Selene sighed in pleasure and cleared her throat when his fingers ran even below.

"Why don't ever sleep?" She croaked out. Her mouth was drying up and something else was moistening.

Keir stopped looking at her abnormally flushed skin. He needs to stop himself, she must have been tired since they barely had sleep last night.

Selene is all his, she won't be going away anywhere.

"You slept after hours of hard work-" Selene blushed at his words, pushing her head deep into the pillows. "-I didn't want to wake you up and anyway I was busy admiring the beauty before me."

Selene chuckled but she was confused at what he meant that he didn't want to wake her up.

Is he having nightmares still? She wanted to question him but didn't want to ruin the moment.

Selene smiled, tossing the thoughts behind and focused back on him. His arms were firmly held her, his soft skin in direct contact with her once beaten and abused ones.

"I love you." She whispered looking into his eyes. Her eyes moistening up again for no reason.

His eyes focused back to hers from her body. He smiled, his eyes glinting in the sunlight.

They look a shade lighter, more like deepest brown. It surprised her how his black colour eyes can turn into shades she never saw or heard just from the emotions he felt.

He dipped his head, giving her a warm slow kiss and pecked her cheek.

Selene hummed in response, "I could get used to this."

Keir chuckled, "I could never."

They soon fell into a comfortable silence.

"You know we don't even know each other's likes and dislikes." Selene spoke after a moment.

Keir smirked, "Yeah. We jumped directly to the last step."

"What do you like in me?" Selene questioned randomly.

Keir without a second answered, "You."

Selene turned to him with an amused smile, "Uh huh."

"Your anger, your stupidity, your cute little frowns-" He chuckled, making her flush in embarrassment.

"-The way you sleep with a pout."

Selene gasped, offended, "I do not!"

Keir nodded, laughing, "You do and I love that."

She smiled to herself as he continued to list the things he loves in her. She started to play with his fingers that were around her waist.

"Wow!" She exclaimed, "If you had asked me that question, I'm not sure I can answer it as cleanly as you."