Chapter 58: Walking In The Wind.

[We had some good times, didn't we?]

      Yomara was still here. I finally moved Niall aside and put myself back in reality. He was happy with her. I want him to be happy, and if it isn't with me, then so be it. I picked up some fries and put them into my mouth and began chewing. My phone dinged and Yomara immediately questioned who it was. "I don't know." I shrug and place the take out box on the coffee table and grab my phone. I turned it on and felt my eyes widen.

rosslynch Actually, I'll be in LA next week ! I didn't know you were there !

      "He answered!" I exclaim. 

      Yomara squeals, "Then answer!" I let out a breath to relax myself and began typing.

emilyymarquezz Yeah, I moved over here last year ! Whenever you get here, we can hang out or something and catch up !

rosslynch Yes ! I'll let you know when I'll be there !

      Oh my God, I'm going to actually see my childhood best friend. "What did he say?" Yomara asks excitedly. 

      "He's coming next week! I'm not prepared for that!" I panic. 

      "You have to be!" Yomara says back. 

      "I know I have to be, but I haven't seen him in years! What if he sees right through me? What if he knows about Niall? What if-" 

      "Emily, calm down!" Yomara places her hands at my shoulders in a comforting manner. "How long have you known this guy for?" 

      "Uh... Since like Kindergarten..." 

      "Then what's there to worry about?" She's right. I'm just overreacting.

---

      After Yomara left, my phone dinged again, making me jump and scramble to get it. I don't know why I hoped it was from Ross, but I did. I turned on the screen and smiled reading over the message.

rosslynch I'm pretty bored, wanna talk ?

      I laid back on the couch as the movie played and typed in the reply.

emilyymarquezz why are you so bored ?

      As I waited for his response, my heart was beating. I don't know if it's because all those feelings from the 5th grade were coming back or just because I missed him as my best friend.

rosslynch ngl, dunno.

      I giggled and read over the next message that came in. A photo message. I clicked on the photo and almost choked on my own saliva.

      I shook my head with a smile and took a quick photo of my laptop

      I sent it and felt shivers from the photo he sent me last

      I sent it and felt shivers from the photo he sent me last. After a few seconds, his reply came in.

rosslynch I was TOTALLY NOT scrolling through your profile, but how did puberty hit you that hard though ?! 10/10 ! I truly don't understand.

      When we were younger and started learning about puberty, we would joke and predict how hard puberty would hit us from a scale of 1-10. Ross looked almost the same, but me? I had unneeded hair on my eyebrows and braces. I was a lot more noodly and had the biggest and thickest glasses you could think of. I still use a retainer and glasses, but I know how to do my facials and my eyesight got better.

emilyymarquezz i could say the same, Mr. 5 ! I still have the picture of tiny ross. >:)

rosslynch NO! I thought you got rid of that !

emilyymarquezz how could i ? it's baby ross !

emilyymarquezz

rosslynch oh my god !! haha, look at that hair !!

emilyymarquezz i know !! you looked so tiny !!

      I remember Gramma taking that picture when we had our 3rd grade recital. We were singing our version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow and Ross really believed that he would be the rockstar on that stage. My Gramma and Tia were there and sat next to Ross' family and recorded us. After the 1st grade recital, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get back up on a stage, but Ross held my hand and stood beside me even when we were supposed to be on complete opposite sides of the stage. We got in trouble the next morning, but when he explained what happened, they let it slide. I swear, if Ross wasn't there, it probably would've been a replay of 1st grade.

rosslynch remember that day ? it was so fun.

emilyymarquezz i know, huh. The good old days when we snuck goldfish out of your mom's pantry

rosslynch those were worth the scolding.

emilyymarquezz they really were.

rosslynch I can't wait to come to LA, we're gonna have so much fun !!

emilyymarquezz I know !! I'll introduce you to my friends and take you to the best smoothies in the city !!

rosslynch can't wait :))

------

[Walking In The Wind - One Direction]

------

A/N:

jsaggjagffg i- im sorry for ditching nemily, but i love them

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[Edit] wth, the golden mv, just- thanks for that.