Chapter 73: Does He Know?

[I catch your eye then you turn away
But there's no hiding the smile on your face
Inside and out, baby, head to toe
He's not around, girl, you let me know]

      Today, Ross invited the boys and I to a soccer match he had today. We were getting our snacks and drinks before the game started. Ross insisted that I wore his jersey, so he gave me a clean, extra one with his number and surname.

      "Remind me, why did we agree to come in the first place?" Louis questions as we go down the stairs from grabbing snacks before the game started. I roll my eyes while holding my bucket of popcorn, following Yomara and Tom to our seats since Tom was good at navigating. 

      "Because, Louis. Ross invited us and you guys like soccer, don't you?" I ask referring to him and Niall, who was trailing behind with Heather. I apologized to a group of people I accidentally bumped into right before Louis continued to speak. 

      "Football. Jesus, you Americans talk weird." He shook his head. 

      "Come on, America, you guys are the only country who call it soccer." Niall adds.

      "Says you! By the way-" I stop and look back at them, "-do ya need to use the loo before we sit?" I added a British accent to my voice, which honestly sounded way better than I thought it would. Being around these boys for so long, I've gotten better at my British accent and Irish accent. 

      I laugh and continue walking, knowing Louis was rolling his eyes, "Ha, ha. Very funny." He says in monotone. "I still can't believe that Ross plays football. Are you sure it's the Ross you're dating?" Louis questions as we turn to the row we would be sitting in. The very front. The way Louis said "The Ross you're dating" just makes the guilt come back and I look up to the players warming up before the game. I find Ross kicking the ball to another player. I bring myself back to reality and clear my throat.

      "Y-Yeah. It's my Ross." I nod and sit down next to Yomara and set my bag by my feet. The rest of them sit in the following seats and we get ourselves comfortable for the game. Harry, Liam and Zayn were the ones to miss out on today, but because Harry and Liam woke up with hangovers and Zayn was busy, I didn't want the tickets to go to waste. Louis and Niall were the only ones available and I told Niall to bring along Heather and asked Yomara and Tom if they wanted to come. 

      "Well, do you know any other Ross?" Yomara asks Louis, bringing back up the conversation. A couple of fans quickly take a photo with Niall and Louis before Louis responds to Yomara.

      "Well no-" 

      "Then why keep asking?" She asks. I look back to Louis who puts his hands up in surrender. 

      "Alright, alright. You win." I look back to Yomara, who I high five in victory, cheers. 

      "Hell yeah!" Tom laughs, shaking his head as we look back to the field. I see Ross look over in our direction and look to his team mate. They exchanged a few words before he began to jog to us. Just the other day, Ross dyed his hair brown for a new show that he's been casted for. I was so proud of him, ever since we were little, he always said that he wanted to be an actor, and now he was going to.

      "Hey, you guys made it!" He says loudly over the music playing. I shrugged. 

      "Of course!" He smiles and grabs my hand while looking over at the rest. 

      "Glad you guys came, we're gonna win, I promise." 

      "Hope so, lad. Or this trip would've been a waste." Louis says, joking obviously. He laughs right after at his own joke, making Ross chuckle.