Chapter 64 : Arms Of A Stranger.

[You've known someone for a long time
But you never really know who they are]

      With my phone in my pocket and my keys in hand, I walked out of the door to meet Ross outside. We would be going to the beach for a fun day out and now that it was late Fall, it wasn't very hot out. Before leaving the apartment, I grabbed a small sweater in case it would start getting cold. I locked the apartment and went to the elevator quickly pressing the button with a number 1 and a star beside it.

      Knowing Ross for so long, he never cared for the beach. It was never something to catch his interest because we absolutely loved the colder weather. Since he was the one suggested we go to the beach did leave me a bit suspicious because he would never suggest to. But I didn't mind, the beach wasn't my favorite place, but more like a third choice. When I got down to the lobby, I saw the familiar black car sitting outside. Ross ended up moving here with his siblings and it made me so happy that I was so close to him now. I really did miss Ross in those years of not having him around.

      "Hellooo." I sang out as I hopped into his car. He smiled and leaned over, kissing me quickly. Ever since that one kiss we shared, it's like we couldn't stop. We always greeted each other with one and it was one of those kisses that gets addictive. 

      "How are you?" Ross questions beginning to pull out of the complex. 

      "Great. What about you?" I asked, grabbing my sweater and throwing it in the back seat. 

      "Happy." He answered simply glancing over at me with a smile before putting his attention back on the road. 

      "What made you so happy?" I asked him. 

      "You."

      His response was cheesy. So cheesy, it reminded me of how Niall would make cheesy remarks just to get me to laugh. I giggled at his response and stared out of the window. I wondered why he wanted to go to the beach. Was he planning something? Is it a special day that I forgot about? Whatever it was, it just mattered that Niall- I mean, Ross was here. Ross. Ross. Ross.

      When we got to the beach, Ross reached to the backseat and pulled out a blindfold. "Ross." I warningly said. Last time I was in a blindfold, it was my birthday. The day the boys put together a small get together between the six of us. 

      "Emily. Put on the blindfold." He says quietly. A playful smirk plays at his lips as he speaks holding out the blindfold. 

      "Why?" 

      "Emily. Just put it on." I take the blindfold slowly, kinda scared. Did he lie to Liam about having contact with any of my exes? No, they're in prison. Ross gets out of the car and jogs across the front to my side of the car. I pulled the blindfold over my head until it covered my eyes and heard the door open as I adjusted it. "Ready?" 

      "Not really, no." I shook my head as he pulled me out of the car. 

      Ross chuckles, "Come on, it's a good surprise, I promise." My heart broke a little at those words he just said.

-

"Alright, we're here." Louis says. 

"Can I take off the blindfold?" 

"No, not yet." He stands me and lets me go, "Just stay here." I let my arms fall and a pair of hands on my shoulders make me jump. 

"Relax, it's only me." Niall says. 

I let out a breath, "Niall, you know that I didn't want anything." 

"I do know that, but it's your birthday and we wanted to do something special." I silently groan, making it sound like a low growl. "Don't do that." Niall says. I giggle in response and feel his hands begin to untie the bandanna. I keep my eyes closed as the blindfold comes off. 

"You kinda have to open your eyes." I hear Harry say. 

"I don't like surprises." I say quietly. 

"It's a good surprise, I promise." Niall says squeezing my shoulders in reassurance.

-

      I shook out of my thoughts and continued to let Ross guide me to the mysterious location. "Ross, I know we've known each other for years... But I feel like you're going to kill me." I admit. 

      "I'm not going to kill you, Em." Ross laughs. We finally stop and Ross mutters something to himself. Something between the lines of "Please like it...". He sighs, "Okay, take off the blindfold." I never liked surprises, I thought he knew that, but I guess not. I guess he doesn't know that I'm not into the cheesy stuff either.

      I remove the blindfold and smile at the sight. A tye-dye blanket is spread across the sand. A few candles are bunched up together in one of the corners with a picnic basket sitting next to it. A small Bluetooth speaker is on top of the basket and it started playing Ed Sheeran the minute I uncovered my eyes. "Ross, this is beautiful." I gush looking over at him. 

      He smiles, "You really like it?" 

      "Of course I do." I reply. We sat on the sand and Ross sighed of relief. 

      "I'm so glad you liked it." He began to pull things out of the basket while continuing to talk. "I remember you saying when we were younger that you've always wanted a picnic on the beach, so I thought you would like it." He remembered. I smiled in response and took the wrapped sandwich from his hand.

      I couldn't say that I loved what he did. Yes, it was very meaningful and sweet of him to do what he did, but I'm not into these types of stuff anymore. After middle school, I stopped caring for romantic and cheesy things. Niall and I were never this cheesy. Yes, we loved each other and there were times that we would become a cliche couple, but for the most part, we weren't. "So, what made you want to prepare dinner on the beach?" I asked, crossing my legs. 

      "Just thought it would be a nice gesture." Ross shrugs taking a bite from his sandwich. I nod and peel back the plastic before taking a bite. "Okay, fine. That's not the real reason." Ross gives in making me giggle. 

      "Okay-" I swallow the sandwich before continuing to speak. "-then what's the reason?"

      Ross sighs before putting his sandwich down and looking over at me. "I- um." He sighs. 

      "Ross, you don't have to be nervous. It's just me." I assure, placing a hand on his shoulder. I have a feeling where this is going, and I'm not prepared for it. Ross clears his throat and moves his body so he's looking at me. 

      "Emily..." He slowly grabs my hands, seeming a bit unsure of his action. "I know that we separated at a young age and we were barely reconnected again. But- um. I-I... I wanna be with you. Like, officially." His voice is going soft with every word he says. My heart is beating rapidly, and I'm not sure if it's out of love or fear. "I know it might be too soon, Emily, but I really want to be with you. I want to be able to hold your hand and hug you, not just kiss you." I smile slightly, would dating Ross be a good thing?

      I've liked him since middle school, but we aren't the same people we used to be. Why did that sound like Harry? I don't know. I won't lie when I say that it would be a dream come true to date Ross, but I still haven't moved on completely from Niall. It's like an entire replay from what happened with Jessie, this time being Ross. "So, what'd you say?"

      I can't break his heart. I care way too much for Ross to reject him. I'm sure that we can work it out if we come across a rocky road. "Ross... " I giggle a little, "Of course I'll be with you." I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. He kisses me and falls back on the blanket.

      I can do this. I know I can.

------

[Arms Of A Stranger - Niall Horan]

------

A/N:

im so cheesy, ew..

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx