Two

You walked through the streets of Shiokarai with no particular destination in mind.

You knew you would always be safe here. Everyone in the village love and respected you, so you had basically no problem whenever you went outside at night.

"It's a beautiful night," a voice said. You paused and turned around with a huge smile on your face.

"Sasuke!"

"Good evening, Lady ____. What are you doing out here so late at night?"

"Just taking a walk," you said with a shrug. "I was bored, and just wanted to do something."

"I see," he said. You two walked in silence for a while. "I'm sorry I missed your birthday," he muttered suddenly.

"It's alright," you said. "I'm not mad about it. You were out training on order to keep the village safe."

"Still," he said. "I should've been by your side, and made sure you were safe on the surface."

You looked up at him and smiled. "I was fine, Sasuke. Don't worry. I even made friends."

"I'll need to know who they are."

"No," you said with a giggle. "You'll probably threaten them with your sword or something."

"You know me too well," he grumbled.

You giggled. "Yeah, well you have been by my side since we were kids."

"I swore to always be here," he said.

"My knight in shining armor," you teased.

"Hn," Sasuke muttered. "Let me walk you home."

"Alright."

Sasuke grabbed your hand and you two walked towards your house.

"Now that you're going to the surface regularly," Sasuke paused. "I-." He paused again. "Just know, I'll take on the entire surface world if it meant you would be safe."

"I doubt you'll ever have to do that," you said. "Besides, even if something happened to me, I wouldn't want you to do anything reckless or dangerous. Shiokarai needs you as well."

"Hn." Sasuke held your front door open for you. "Get some rest."

"Good night, Sasuke," you said with a smile.

He nodded and watched you walk inside, then he closed the door. He didn't walk away until he heard the 'click' of the lock on your door.

"Good morning, Yoonbum," you said cheerfully. It was a beautiful coincidence that you ran into Bum on your way back home from the park closest to the shore.

"____. Hello," he said.

You smiled kindly at him and took in his appearance. He wore a baggy white shirt, that had a few stains on it, baggy pants, and dusty sneakers. "You look comfortable."

"Thanks. You do too."

You were wearing black tights, white air forces, and a royal blue hoodie. Very simple.

"Why thank you," you said as your hooked your arm around his. "What are you doing on this beautiful day?"

"I was just running some errands," he muttered as he shoved a piece of paper deeper into his pants pocket.

"Do you wanna hang out?" You said hopefully. "I've missed you."

"Y-you did?" He stuttered.

"Of course! I hang out with most of my friends all the time, but I never get to see you."