Ch 6.

There was a large amount of rustling from the bushes. Amity turned around to catch a glimpse of the dark wooded area, to see if her siblings were attempting a prank, or maybe even Luz came over to visit.

Come to her surprise, it was a short shadow who held a small dagger in it's hands...

"W-Who are you?" The Blight stuttered, immediately moving from her spot. Her whole body stiffened as the other witch got closer to her.

"Why are you outside at such a time Love?" The person answered, holding the small jagged blade up to their face. Amity squinted, trying to see if she could see the person in front of her, but it was no use. It was too dark.

"Reveal yourself! O-Or I won't hesitate to scream-" 

The shadow stepped forward, revealing Mattholomule, a guy from her Magics 101 class. He knelt down in front of her, and then pointed the knife at her throat. "I wouldn't do that Blight.. you wouldn't want to get that pretty little neck of yours sliced open.." 

She thinks back to when she was being chased in the woods by Luz. The feeling she had when  she thought she was going to get eaten alive. It felt the same. This was probably it, she was going to die.

"W-What do you want Matt.." Amity muttered, keeping her eyes directly at the knife.

The short witch smirked, noticing her gaze on his knife. "Well I don't want much Amity... I just want you to step down as top student. And maybe even go out with me, just to show all the other students at Hexide that I can get what I want."

"There is no way in h-hell that I'm going to date you. Or step down as Top Student. I-It's earned, n-not taken!" The Blight spat, gazing up at the Little witch. His face held a scowl, and at this point, she can feel the cold steel pressed against her neck.

"Then you might as well say goodbye to your life."

A growl emerged from the woods, and both witches turned to the woods. And there stood Luz, her eyes glowing crimson red. She was angry, no furious. "Who the hell are you? You should run along and mind your business." Mattholomule grumbled, turning his attention back to Amity.

Luz only growled louder, before stepping forward. "I don't think you want to do that, Buddy. Put the knife down if you know what's good for you."  Mattholomule over to the girl with the red eyes, momentarily putting his attention to her, giving Amity enough time to shove him away.

Now with the blade and the witch away from her, she got up and ran towards the Wolf, engulfing her into a hug. "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?" Luz whispered into her ear, as Amity shuddered in the Wolf's arms. Shaking her head, Luz glared at Mattholomule.

"You best be going, before I sink my teeth into your neck and show you real fear." 

"Like there's anything you could do, you are merely but a common peasant. Now hand her over." Mattholomule growled, reaching to grab the Blight from Luz's arms.

That did it. That pushed the wolf to release Amity from her hold and tackle the witch to the ground. She released a deathly growl as she had him pinned.

"If you ever. And I mean ever come into close contact to her again, I will hunt you down, and make sure I tear you apart, limb from limb." Luz snarled, her grip on his cloak tight.

The smaller witch shook his head madly, the fear in his eyes visible to both Luz and Amity.

Once the Wolf released Mattholomule, he got up and ran away. Once he was far enough to consider it safe, Luz turned to the Blight, her crimson eyes filled with concern.