Ch.7

The wolf was on edge. She definitely hated Hexide. But, if Luz wanted Amity to stay safe, she needed to stay.

Taping her fingers against the desk, she stared out the window. Luz wasn't one for academics, she was more of a free spirit. Running through the woods, helping Eda take down monsters in the woods.

"Noceda, I suggest you pay attention if you want to pass this class." The teacher spoke, drawing the Wolf's attention. "I'll have you know that I don't like you, or being here." Luz growled, her nails digging into the wooden table. 

Remember, they only think you are human. Don't reveal yourself just yet. 

Taking a deep breath, she crossed her legs and looked over at the window. "Alright Noceda, I'll let you slide this time. You are new, and your Guardian did say you were sharp." 

The bell screamed, and everyone got up to leave. The Wolf sat patiently, waiting for Amity to gather her stuff. "You do know you don't have to wait for me, right? It's not like He's going to attack me." The Blight muttered, picking up her books.

"Yeah well, what else am I supposed to do? It's not like I have friends or anything."

Amity looked at the wolf up and down, before tilting her head. "You don't exactly look... friendly? Have you tried making friends yet?" Luz shook her head, turning to the door.

"Not exactly. I've been looking out for the midget. No time to make friends. " The Wolf grumbled, turning to walk out the door, Amity at her heels.

"I could introduce you to some people I know, I know the perfect witches. " Grabbing Luz's hand, she started dragging her down the hallway.

"I said I don't have time for friends Blight, don't you understand that? "

"Whatever you say, Grouch. You are meeting them whether you like it or not. "

______________________________________

Four teens sat in the empty Photography room, all silent. Luz was sitting on a desk, her gaze everywhere and anywhere. To her, these new people were threats.

"So.... Luz these are my friends, Willow and Gus. Say Hi. " Amity broke the silence.

The wolf let out a grumble, glaring at the other two witches. "Nice to meet you, Luz. I'm Willow, Willow Park. "

Amity nudged Luz, trying to initiate some type of verbal communication.

"Luz. Luz Noceda. There are you happy Blight? "

"Hi, Hi, Hi! I'm Augustus! But my friends call me Gus! It's super, duper, duper nice to meet you! " The short illusionist exclaimed. Luz glanced at the Blight, slightly overwhelmed by the overenegetic boy.

"Alright Gus, give the girl some space. She's used to Isolation. Not big on 'sociolizing'"

Amity placed her hand on Gus's shoulder, pulling him back some, placing a frown up in his face.

"So, Luz, what are you interested in? I'm a plant major, since plant magic is my specialty. " Willow spoke, a small grin on her face.

"Don't really know. I only came here for a job, not to learn Magic. " The wolf took great interest into her claws, avoiding any eye contact with the witches in the room.

"Aw you should lighten up a little! Magic is fun to learn! Here look, give this a try! " Gus placed a small notepad and a pen next to Luz,  and drew a small light glyph.

Luz tilted her head, watching the small witch with caution. She didn't know this spell, since she didn't want to learn magic.

"Go ahead and tap it, it won't hurt you" Gus practically forced the notepad in her hands. "If it does hurt me, I'll rip your face off.. "

She lightly tapped the glyph, watching it manifest into a small orb of light. All three witches watched the Wolf's eyes fill with astonishment.

Luz reached out and tapped the orb, watching it float for a few seconds then dissolving into thin air.

Amity placed her hand on the Wolf's shoulder. "What did you think? "

"Teach me more. Right now."
______________________________________

By the time Hexide let the students out, Luz had learned 5 basic spells and their purpose.
Granted she had the most fun with the Fire glyph then intended.

Amity, Gus, Willow and Luz walked out of the school doors when something caught the Wolf's attention.

"Luz? Hey what's wrong? " The Blight stared at her friend, and then turned her head to see what she was staring at.

Mattholomule. He was standing by a tree, glaring right back at them. Amity grabbed a hold of Luz's arm, before shaking her head.

"He's not worth it. Let's just go, please." She attempted to drag Luz away, before the wolf let out a growl. Mattholomule had taunted her from his spot, which had tributed to the bubbling anger.

"He's gonna eat my fists-" A vine wrapped around her wrist, and then yanked her backwards. Willow held her hand up, her face filled with worry.

"We can talk about this at the Hideout, but we can't have fights breaking out."

"But he-" The Wolf's eyes rolled into the back of her head, and her body fell limp into a clump of vines that had sprouted from the ground.

"Was that really necessary? "

"Do you want her to go out on a rampage? Her eyes were shifting colors, and I'm pretty sure humans don't do that.. "

The Blight nodded once, and the witches set out into the woods.
______________________________________

All three witches stared at the unconscious wolf. "Wasn't the effect supposed to fade away by now? It's been like an hour" Gus spoke, who was playing a game of cards with an illusion of himself.

"She should be up by now, but if it takes longer I'm not surprised." Willow pushed her glasses up, and sighed. The effects of the spell she put on Luz should have faded a long time ago, so it was quite worrisome. 

Amity stood up from her seat and started pacing. "It's a probability that she's asleep. Luz isn't exactly a sleeper. Not from my experience anyways. Gus have your illusion poke her."

"What, why?! She won't try to eat me, right?" Gus's Illusion copied the look of horror on his face. "Listen Gus, she may be a wolf, but she isn't one to eat witches. At least not that I know of."

"...Put your hands on me, and you'll find out if I do eat witches or not." The wolf grumbled, bringing a hand up to her head. Luz let out a whine of distress.

"Hey are you okay? You've been out for a hour." Luz only grumbled in response. The witch watched as she sat up. "Careful, the side effects are strong.. Sorry about that Luz."

Luz rubbed her face, before shaking her head. "I've been awake for the past hour, without any of you knowing. Your side effects are long gone Park. You really need to keep your guard up. " Standing up, the Wolf made her way to the door. "I'm off to go home. You comin or not, Blight? "

"Bye guys! I'll text you later if I get the chance. " Amity rose to her feet, and swiftly walked over to the door where Luz was standing.

"Bye! Get home safe!"

With one last grumble from the werewolf, the teens disbanded, setting off into the woods.
_____________________________________

A/N

Sorry about the Alternate lines I put, most of the time I type the story on my computer, but I typed most of this one on my phone! Hope you enjoy this chapter!!!