Ch 9

Between Luz's confusion on magic, and her job of keeping the Matt boy away from Amity, she didn't know which was worse. As if she didn't have enough on her plate as is.

"Now Luz, I know you tend to zone out and stuff like that, but I need you to please focus on this. It's a big grade, and I don't want you failing this quarter. " Speaking of the Blight, she had been trying to help the Wolf understand what was going on in the class.

"Yeah yeah.. Sorry. Run that past me again. " Luz spun her pencil between her fingers, writing whatever was important down.

"You should be fine if you study your notes. If you'd like, we could have like a study date or something that way I could help you. " The Blight stated, proceeding to pack away her books.

"I'm sorry, did you say study date? " The wolf tilted her head, staring at the witch as her ears became tinted.

"N-not that way Noceda. I just want you to pass the class is all. Lord knows you need to considering you can't do spells physically. " Luz smirked as the Blight's face turned red.

"Awe.. You want to go out with lil ol' me now don't you Mittens?~" Luz proceeded to pack away her books.

"Pssh. In your dreams. As if you are on my level, Wolf. Now hurry, before we are late for Plantbominations."

Luz chuckled. "If anything Blight, you are out of my league. But, I could make an exception." Amity seemed to have darken, and if anything, it reminded Luz of tomatoes.

The wolf poked the Witch's pointed ears, before laughing. "Can't take me seriously Blight. I'm all jokes. Now let's go to class before you throw a fit. "

Oh what the Wolf did to the Blight's heart.
______________________________________

It was lunch for the gang. They were all seated outside under the shade of the trees, discussing anything.

" Boscha you are a dumbass, That's not how plants work!"

"How was I supposed to know it was going to die if I left it on my desk!?" Boscha raised her arms in the air in frustration.

"Uhm. Hello? Your girlfriend majors in Plants? Could have just asked her in my opinion. " Luz butted in the argument, hanging upside down from the tree just above Amity.

"Uh uh. Why don't you stick your nose in your girlfriends business, Noceda? " Boscha snarled.

"Wasn't aware I had one. I'm not exactly a love dove like you are Pinky."  Luz stuck her tongue out, pulling her self to sit properly on the branch that was supporting her.

"Ah. So I see denial." Boscha grinned. Luz rolled her eyes, and Amity sat silent, doodling in her little book.

"We are just friends. I don't see how anyone could necessarily like me. I'm some freak from the Woods with round ears and a bad temper. "

"Who told you that? " Amity looked up to Luz, confusion etched on her face. The wolf merely shrugs, deciding to stand on the branch that supported her weight.

"Word gets around at the school. I'm surprised none of you heard any of it. "

Gus stops writing in his book, looking up at the teenage girls. "I sort of know who started them.. "

Everyone but Luz looked at Gus. "Who started this. Tell me now so I can have a target for Grudgby." Boscha made a weird growling noise from the back of her throat.

"You guys do know Mattholomule.. Right? The short kid who has been stalking Amity since the 5th grade? "

The girls all stared at each other, while The wolf let out a scoff. Of course when the rumors spread out, she had a funny feeling it was him. Too bad his threatened masculinity decided to spread false information. Or somewhat false information.