Ch 12

"Anybody else notice how strange Luz has been acting since...?" Boscha mutters to Willow as they sat in the lunch room.

They stare at the wolf who has been reading the same page of their class textbook for the past twenty minutes. Luz had some pretty noticeable eye bags, and they didn't want to mention how her eyes haven't shifted back into the brown they were familiar with.

"Some things clearly wrong, but I don't want to force her to say anything to me.. " Willow mumbles, prying her eyes away from her friend to look at her girlfriend.

"You take her to the bathroom and go talk there, I'll entertain Blight and Porter when they get here. Just.. Be careful, alright?"

Willow nodded, before getting up and pressing her hands to Luz's shoulders. The wolf jumped, rubbing her eyes. "I'm awake! I'm awake.. What Park?"

"Hey come with me.. We need to talk."

Luz hesitated, before closing her book and standing up from the table. "Alright, lead the way. I'll be right behind you. "
______________________________________

Luz washed her face, trying to rid herself of the sleep that she needed. The fact that Willow brought her to the bathroom means she's slacking off, and it's obvious.

"Thanks Willow, I needed that. Can't sleep during class. Wouldn't want that."

Willow crossed her arms, raising her eyebrow. Luz may have been at the top of her game in class, but she never really cared if she fell asleep. Now it really was obvious that something was wrong.

"Have you slept at all since Saturday?" Willow said quizzically. She already knew the answer, but she wanted to clarify.

"Yep. Slept like King after eating so much. Why do you ask Park?" Her friend muttered, releasing a small chuckle while suppressing a small yawn.

"Luz... Are you having nightmares?"

They sat in silence. The wolf surprised that Willow had asked, and the Witch waiting for an answer. After a while, Luz began rubbing her arms. "I don't know why you even asked that Park. It's ridiculous how-"

"You promised, Noceda. Now tell me the truth. Are you having nightmares?" The witch demanded. She was going to get her answer somehow.

Luz looked at the floor, not knowing what to say, or how to avoid this. Sure, she may have said that she would try to speak about her feelings.

"I said maybe, not that I promise Willow... " She started slowly, continuing to avoid the witch's gaze.

"Please Luz.. We are all worried about you. You've been so.. Distant. I mean, yesterday we were talking to you, and you didn't even respond back. " Willow put her hand on her friend's shoulder, giving it a quick squeeze.

Luz sighed. There was no way she was going to leave the restroom without giving Willow an answer.

"They aren't nightmares, they are memories. There, you happy?!" The wolf pushed away Willow's hand and then stared at the wall, her arms crossed against each other.

The feeling of vulnerability hit her like a soomite. Luz attempted to shake it off, but it only made the pressure in her chest build.

"Luz... I'm proud that you are trying your best. You don't have to tell me anymore. The only thing I want you to do now, is get some rest." Park muttered.

The wolf turned her head to stare at her friend awkwardly. "I can't sleep. If I even close my eyes, I just see-" She cut herself off, not wanting to say anymore.