5 | 𝙌𝙐𝙀𝙀𝙉,

***

***

(A/N: Kind of short, but who cares?)

3rd person

The next few days for the queen was getting better, for the most part.

Because her ladies in waiting are not in the palace, the only people that she could casually talk with are her bodyguards. She's pretty close with most of them, especially Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook, Jung Hoseok, and Kim Taehyung.

The boys accompany her like her ladies in waiting used to in the palace garden. It took some time for her to trust the rest of the boys, but Taehyung made sure that she feels comfortable around them.

Jennie is very thankful for them because they managed to make her laugh and smile despite the fact that she notices the changes of her illness. But, not in a good way of course, her body has been throwing up more frequently and the pain in her chest and throat has gotten worse.

Taehyung, being the only person in the palace to know about her disease is always by her side or outside her room waiting for Jennie to give the 'three tap or knock' signal which means that all of it is happening again.

Just like Yoongi ordered, Namjoon has been keeping watch and he notices the changes of Taehyung and Jennie's relationship overtime in the span of only a few days. He could only share the information he gathered to his king, fortunately, Yoongi is too busy about the upcoming war to actually ask for new report.

"Should we go to the fields again, your majesty?" Hoseok asked the queen so casually as if they were close friends.

The queen shook her head, "I'm afraid we'll have to go next time. The king might figure out that you boys are sneaking me out of the palace."

Jimin nodded, "Yeah, we'll probably get kicked out or something."

"Hyung, I thought you hated being in the palace?" Jungkook asked Jimin out of the blue.

This made the older glare at the youngest which also made the others laugh and the queen giggle as the two argue.

"The reason why I joined is that so my family won't force me to join the army and fight for the war," He explains. "I'm too beautiful to die and get covered with blood!"

This made the group laugh at what he said.

"What are they doing?" Yoongi asked Namjoon beside him as they both stared at the group of men in the same uniform and the queen in her expensive dress.

"Um, laughing, sir."

Yoongi stared at his queen. 

After so many years, this is the first time he has heard his wife's beautiful laughing voice and seen a smile on her face.

He was so used to seeing her with an emotionless face or not at all. He knows that it is his fault, but he knows that he won't be able to do anything but push her away because of the impending future.

Then, Jennie saw the two standing in a corner and staring at them.

"Yoongi," She muttered.

This made everyone stop and looked at the same direction where the queen was looking. 

The king's deathly glare sent everyone chills, but the glare was not for them but for one specific person. Kim Taehyung, and when they also looked at him, that is when they realized what was happening.

"Yah, Taehyung," Hoseok whispered to him. "Take your arm off her."

Taehyung had his arm around the queen as the group talked and laughed. This is why Yoongi was looking at his with deadly eyes.

The recruit was hesitant at first, but decided to take his arm off the queen's shoulder. 

"Yoongi!" Jennie exclaimed and ran towards her husband with a smile on her face.

She stood in front of him and grabbed the small portion of his sleeve which caught Yoongi's attention.

"Will it be okay if the boys and I take a walk around the forest?" His wife asked.

He stayed silent and looked at Taehyung who was also looking back at him intensely and he looked back at the woman in front of him.

He takes Jennie's grip off his sleeve which surprised her.

"You can do anything you want, flower. I don't care."

After this, Yoongi walked away with Namjoon following behind.

She wanted to call out to him and yell his name, but she couldn't, because if she opens her mouth, the blood and flowers clogging her throat will flow right out.

Jennie took every ounce of energy in her body of force herself to swallow it all back in as a tear fell down her face.

"My queen..." Taehyung called out to her.

Jennie turned around to face Taehyung and she smiled bitterly, "It's no use."

"I'm going to die."