6 | 𝙈𝙔

***

***

(A/N: Also kind of short, but who cares?)

3rd person

The following day, Jennie has requested for Taehyung to accompany her on her walk around the garden.

The queen couldn't sleep last night after what had happened the day before. That was the final straw for Jennie's body and last night, she spent the entire night throwing up blood and flowers while crying her heart out in silence because of the pain she's feeling.

As Jennie was walking around the garden admiring the plants and flowers as usual, her bodyguard walked right behind her admiring the other flower in the palace.

Min Jennie.

The king's flower.

"The flowers look so beautiful," He hears the queen comments while smiling as she stares at the sakura tree.

Taehyung nodded while staring at Jennie.

"Yeah, very beautiful."

The queen was trying to pick a sakura flower from the tree but it was too high, that is when Taehyung walked closer to her and stood very close behind her as he reaches out to the flower and picked it to give it to the woman in front of him.

Jennie slowly reaches out to the flower but he moved quicker and placed it between her ear.

"The flower is pretty, but it would not compare to her majesty's beauty."

As he finished this sentence, the two felt time froze as they stared at each other like they are the only people in the world.

"Jennie, I need to te—"

Taehyung  was interrupted when Jennie fell to the ground as blood started oozing from her lips and she started throwing up red blood and beautiful pink flowers and the two colors complemented each other.

"Y-your highness!" He exclaimed and went down to pick up the pale body of his queen and was about to take her back to the palace when she called out to him.

"T-taehyung," She whispered with a raspy voice. "P-please, d-don't."

He has no choice but to follow her orders. 

Taehyung carried Jennie's body and sat her down on the large rock under the beautiful sakura tree.

He stares at her and because Jennie was feeling that her time might come, she wanted to spend her last few moments at the very place that he first met the love of her life.

This is why the palace garden is very close to her. This is where she was introduced to the young prince and where the first time she has met the person that would slowly kill her without him even knowing.

"Taehyung..." She whispered softly but enough for him to hear. "I'm so tired..."

'Her time is almost up.'

He can see it in her face.

'She's dying.'

Then, he felt something up his arm, the queen's hands gripped tight around his arm indicating that she is probably feeling another wave of pain up in her chest. He can hear her heavily breathing because her lungs are being filled with so much petals and flowers.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything," He apologizes to her.

Jennie turned to face him and gave him a sad smile as he sees her eyes brimming with tears. 

Then, the next thing he knew, the queen, the person that he was assigned to protect, he even took an oath as soon as he was recruited. The female placed her head on his shoulder as her body is too weak to sit up straight anymore.

"Your highness," He called out.

Jennie could only hum in return as she was too tired to talk and the pain was overpowering her body.

"Why do you still love his majesty when he won't even love you back?"

The queen froze at his question and a sad smile formed on her face as she closed her eyes, still keeping herself from crying out in pain.

"Because I love him," She answered.

"I love him too much that I would rather die than throw my feelings away for him."

The man used his free hand and placed it on her hand that was gripping tightly around his arm.

"Why?"

Then she replied, "Love can make us do all sorts of crazy things. To the point where you have to battle death even if that person won't love you back."

The queen's protector took a deep breath as he holds the girl's shoulder to make her face him and this surprised the queen.

"Taehyung...?"

He looked at her straight in the eyes before uttering the sentence that would definitely bring him to his death.

"Love me instead," Taehyung says.

Jennie's eyes widened and her lips formed a sad smile as her more tears streamed down her now pale face.

"You know I can't do that."

Both of them stayed silent as the sky turned grey and the cold wind blew.

Taehyung smiled back.

"I know."

***