Old habits die hard

I never really liked Christmas. I mean, I don’t have anything to be happy about. My life sucks, I'm alone. Drunk off my face and I can hear a pounding in my head that drives me crazy. Hang on, that’s not in my head. It’s the door. CRAP. I stumble to my feel and zig zagged to the door, I've been drunker but my body is still numb from the events that happened just three hours ago. I swing the door open expecting Alex on his knees begging for forgiveness; I had my speech ready and hands fisted but instead I nearly feel back to see his face again. The face I've known my whole life.

"Chuck?" I slurred.

"Baby! I can’t believe I finally found you." He wraps his arms around me tight, the familiar musk scent finds my nose and I relax.

"I've look all over for you, damn it!" He cups my face and wrinkles his nose.

"Are you drunk?" He picks me up and carries me to the couch. I cradle myself in his arms and sob, like how I did back in the old days.

"What has happened to you my sweet reckless angel?" He says in the sweetest voice, I don’t have words to explain all the shit that has happened.

"Baby, hey look at me! Whatever it is that’s wrong, I'm here and I’m never letting you go. I've changed, since you left me, I was never the same. My life, it was complete shit. It took me three month to realize that getting drunk and bar fights wasn’t going to bring you back. So I cleaned my act. I moved to Chicago with my cousin and am attending the university there. I have a job in my uncles company. I have place and a car. I can take care of you. Just like I promised, you remember that?" Holy shit. He did it. He actually did it.

"Yup, we were in your tree house, drinking." I laughed.

"After I was sure things back home where stable. I began to search for you. I've looked in every university possible. I had a privet investigator track you down, till he saw a picture of you on Instagram with some rich boy."

"Alexander colesgrove" I whisper, tears building up in my eyes again.

"Yea, that guy. Uncle had some sort of association with his company." I look up at him, he looks so different but his eyes are the same. Dark brown and huge, I fell in love with his eyes the first day I met him.

"Kiss me" I whisper, looking at his lips. I don’t give a shit that he cheated on me at the moment, I needed to be with someone. He grabbed my face and smiled. His kisses soothed my heart, even if in my drunken oasis, I was kissing Alex. Having sex with Chuck was just like I remember, it was sex. Know that I knew the difference, but I let him hold me and take care of me because I needed it. Even after two years, he's still my hero.

The next morning I smelled coffee, it slowly drifted my senses awake. Alex never wakes up early, maybe this is his Christmas present. I roll over to his side, but instead of finding his pillow, I hit the floor.

"Mother fucker god damn it!" I'm hung over as shit and naked. What the fuck happened?

"Chuck!" I exclaim. All of last night’s events come back to me.

"Out here Rue" Holy crap. I haven’t heard that nick name in years. I walk out in my birthday suit because I’m that comfortable with him. He stands in his boxers making bacon.