Fainally together forever.

So I guess I didn't really think this through, not that I could think at all. I left half my brain back at the bar and the half that’s with me is drunk. Once Alex finally opens the door I just stare at him, not knowing what to do or say.

"You remembered everything. I know you did." I slur and stumble past him. I'm frozen in my tracks because Erika Griffin is sitting in the living room. So casually dressed in a slut’s costume, I mean her clothes that just happen to be a slut’s costume. I feel as all the alcohol drains out of me and I come to my senses.

"Ruby." She says in her snooty voice.

"Erika" I feel my heart clench at the sight of her. So beautiful and perfect for him that I just seem dull, and stupid. I shouldn't have come, damn you vodka and the fake courage you give. I turn to face Alex who's just staring at me.

"Are you drunk? She’s drunk isn't she?" The arrogance in her voice makes me want to punch her in the throat.

"I should go." I walked as straight as I could past him and towards the door. Just as I open the door he tells me to wait.  I turn to see him behind me.

"Wait for what Alex? For you to brag about your new girlfriend or for me to find you fucking her. Or for another one of your bimbos to remind me how nothing I am next to you. I'm fine like this. Alone. And safe, I can't be with you and be an Erika. I just, my heart and I..." So this is what they call word vomit.

"I'm not strong enough" I look up at him and notice his eyes are red rimmed and he looks tired. This isn't right, something's wrong.

"What's going on?" I ask softly. He takes a deep breath and pinches his eyes and then the unthinkable happened; he burst's in to tears like a baby. I have no fucking clue what’s going on but I drop my purse and hug him. He squeezes me hard and sobs into my neck, I look past him to Erika. She mouths it the word mom and slits her throat.

"Shit!!" I pull back and look at my big baby.

"Babe, it's going to be all right. I’m here know and I'm not going anywhere. I promise" he crashes himself into me and my heart sinks. I know firsthand what it feels like to lose a mother, and don't wish that pain on anyone. Not even the bimbo's of the world. Erika motion get exit and I mouth out a thank you, she flips her hair and leaves. We stay like this, holding each other for a long time. I don’t know how long but it doesn’t matter to me.

"I'm sorry pretty girl. I shouldn’t have taken the bimbo to you. I don’t know what I was thinking. Trying to mess with the bad ass cupcake making girl in town." I look at him and smile gently.

"I started it babe. It’s my fault. Let’s just forget about it, and start over." He smiles and crashes his mouth to mine and gives me the sweetest kiss; I feel reborn.

"Forgive me for keeping my memory a secret. After my being an ass, and telling you all those things. I felt like a dick going back to you and asking for your forgiveness. I love you no matter what your past present or future is. You look beautiful whether you wear a trash bag or silk. I fell in love with you because of what’s in here" He points at my heart.