Chapter twelve: okay maybe I do

"When it's all said and done
Will you need me too, girl?"
- song: Only Friend by Wallows
___________________________________

   "WHAT NO," Draco defended himself as he sat in the Slytherin common room "That's stupid, I don't know why you guys would think that." He rambled as his friends stared at him in disbelief.

    "Look we're not saying it's a bad thing," Blaise Zabini leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees "It's just not-"

    "A good thing" Theodore Nott finished for Zabini "Look Malfoy if you do like her, we wouldn't have a problem with it, but your parents would."

    "Well I don't like her so stop." Malfoy stood up from the black leather couch and sighed. 

      He shook his head as he made his way out of the common room.

    'They really think I would like someone like Ophelia Woodlock? Have they gone mad?' The blond thought as he made his way to the library. Sure he thought she was pretty and nice but he didn't think he had feelings for her. Besides that she's a HalfBlood, so it wouldn't work.

    Though he couldn't deny the fact that his heart seemed to beat incredibly fast when she was around. He didn't think anything of it though. More of he didn't want to think about it.

    He entered the library and went to a section to pick out a book, to get his mind off things.

    "Oh my god really,"

Draco's head snapped up towards the to familiar sound. He saw Ophelia with one of her friends - who he didn't bother learning the name of - sitting at a table not too far from where he was standing. They were laughing about something, causing people to tell them to be quiet. He bit the inside of his cheek as he watch the her start laughing even more at the fact people were shushing her.

    He shook his head and went back to looking at the titles of the books. He picked out a random novel and walked over to an empty table. Maybe he purposely chose the one next to Woodlock, or maybe he didn't even realize he did it.

-
    Draco clenched his jaw as he glanced over at the two girls for what feels like the 100th time. He couldn't help it. Whatever they were talking about must be so damn funny that they wouldn't keep their mouths shut. They were practically high on laughter.

And it annoyed the shit out of Malfoy.

    He watched as her glasses fell down her nose as she tilted her head forward, he could see her shoulders moving up in down from cracking up. He continued staring -not even realizing it- and watched as her laughter died down. Her friend nudge her shoulder, muttering something to her that made Ophelia look at Draco. His faced went red as his grey eyes met her ocean blue ones. He quickly looked away. His heart was beating faster than ever.

    'Okay... so maybe I do like her a little bit' Malfoy cringed at the thought.

~
sorry for the short chapter, i wanted it be more draco focused