11. Vengance

Jen POV

1 week later

Me and Mia is sitting in her appartment after she picked me up a weeks ago. She haven't said much and isn't as bubbly as she used to be. I told her the story about Livvy and she only nodded giving me her condolences.

Cutting the silence I turn and look at her.

"Are you okay?"

She just shrugged her shoulders which was unlikely for her. Something had happened

I put a hand on her shoulder, giving her a concerned look. "Talk to me" I urge her.

She scoffed at me. "Talk to you? Jen it's been almost 8 months since you just left and told me not to contact you or look for you. You went through shit in Italy, I know that but did you ever think to ask ME what I went through? No. You just left me by myself and ran to a new life with new people replacing me like I was nothing!"

Saying I was shocked is an understatement. I have never seen her like this, so emotional and harsh. She's not wrong though, I haven't asked her and I had been selfish.
I took her hand in mine and looked into her ocean blue eyes. "I'm sorry Mia".

That was all it took for her to break down. She cried and cried while hugging me. I felt horrible for how I treated her but my emotions weren't just showing. Livvy's death blocked everything else for me.

After Mia calmed down and wipes her tears she looked at me seriousness filling her eyes.

"Did you think it was them? The italians?"

"I don't think so Mia. I met them the same day and it didn't seem like he even he knew I was in NYC."

"Then that only leads to one suspect left..." Mia went silent again.

"Nikolai Ivankov" we both whispered at the same time.

I haven't said that name in 6 years, avoiding it at all cost.

*Flashback 6 years ago*

Sitting in my room I am on the computer doing trackings. Day in and day out this is what my day consist of and ofcourse to be ready for his psychotic rage coming anytime.

*knock knock*

"Come in" I murmur

A maid comes in and bows to me.
"Miss, sir is wanting your presence."

"Alright" I sigh and turn off my computer. Standing up I walk to the closet and get changed because he always want people to look "presentable" he say. I change out of my leggings and top into a navy blue dress with a wrap.

 I change out of my leggings and top into a navy blue dress with a wrap

Putting on my black heels I start making my way towards his office. I stand before the oak doors and knock twice. I hear his rough low voice tell me to come in and I do.
The room is silent and the only thing that could be heard is my heels against the woodens floors as I walk towards him.