40. His wait

Giovanni POV

In my office I have my trusted men infront of me while Stephano is informing about a new contract and the latests shippings.
I hear them clear and sometimes nod in understanding but my mind keeps on drifting back to her and my heart aches.

It's been 3 weeks since the shooting and she haven't woken up, she lost an imerse amount of blood and haven't been responding since.
Regret fills every cell of my body thinking back to that day. It's my fault for letting that motherfucker live, having to learn the hard way to not have a soft spot for anyone.

"Don." Angelo's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I look up seeing that everyone have left and only me and Angelo is left.

My eyes landed on him and I raised an eyebrow in question.

"We need to head down to Havens Club to collect." He said tiredly.

He have handled most of my work as I have been absent minded and I see he have overworked himself knowing he also have his own clubs and bussnises to take care of.

"I will go alone. Take a day off Angelo." I stood up and drank the remains of the whisky from my glass.

"Sir-"

"Take the day off Angelo." I comanded to which he nodded and reluctantly left.

I walked to the hospital ward in the estate before heading to the club. Walking in I see Mia sitting beside Jen massaging her arms and legs. Mia have been taking care of Jen every hour of every day since it happened. When we came back with her Mia cried non stop for a whole week.

When she noticed my arrival she quickly stood up and met me at the door.
Everytime I arrive she leaves not giving me a glance. I know she blames me for what happened to Jen therefore I can't be mad at her for her disrespect.

As soon as she stepped out of the room and the door closed I walked towards Jen and sit on the edge of the bed.
I raised my hand and cupped her cheek leaning in kissing her forhead.

"Please wake up il mio amore." (My love) I whispered. "Please wake up."

She stays unmoved I feel a tug in my chest looking at her sleeping form. Taking her hand I tell her about my day and that I think of her everyday. When time passed I see my phone buzz and Stephano called.

"Fratello." (Brother) I answered.

"Havens Club?" He asked.

I knew Angelo informed Stephano so he could go with me for I keep my temper in check. Everything triggers me so easily nowadays.

"Si." (Yes) I replied.

"I'm outside when you're ready." He informed and cut the call.

I sighed and took a last look at her again before I walk away.

Walking outside I see Stephano standing by the car with his phone in his hand with a frown setteled on his face. I know something must've happened lately because the soft sparkle in his eyes have disapeard.

His eyes snapped up to me when he sees me and he quickly puts his phone away.

"You alright?" I ask knowing he will say fine.

"I'm fine."

I rolled my eyes and didn't want to question him further so I get into the car followed by him. The car starts to move into the city where we have our Club Havens.

"Brother." Stephano catches my attention.
"Santiago Ramirez will be there."

"The son of Don Eduardo Ramirez?" I ask slightly surprised.

"Si. Apparently he's there to deliver shipment and want to talk." (Yes)

The mexicans have somewhat been our allies since my grandfather and Eduardo's father made a pact a few decades back. Ever since our father's death a few years back our comunication have been lacking.

-

Walking into the club the air is filled with alcohol, smoke and sweat. We're led to my office where I'm informed that Santiago is already in there waiting for me.

"Santiago!" I call out as soon as I open the doors.

He stood by the glass window looking down at the crowd smiling as he turned to meet me.

"Don Giovanni! Long time no see." He greeted politely showing respect with a small nod.

"Indeed, all well with your father?" I ask him and I see his eyes darken at the question.

He quickly snaps out of it when he noticed I waited for a answer.

"Ah yes. We've had some family issues but it's beeing handled." He said quickly.

"I see. Do inform me if you need anything." I said to keep the tension low and he nodded in appreciation.

"Anyway I'm here to inform you about our next shipment." He said and sat down in the seat infront of my desk.

"Seems a bit serious for you to come here just to inform about a shippment Santiago. No?"

"Ofcourse there's something else I would like to discuss." He said and handed me a file.

I opened a file and saw a man and a woman with pretty much no information more than name and age.

"We need your help to find these two. We have searched the last few years but no succsess so we ask for your assistance."

"Is this connected to your family issues?" I ask.

"Si." (Yes) He responds ans I see struggle in his eyes.

"I'll get it done. Angelo will contact you when we know more."

The rest of the meeting went smoothly without any hitch so me and Stephano head back home again.
The first thing I do when I'm back is to go see how she's doing.

As soon as the car stops I step out of the car making my way to the hospital ward. My steps heavy and mind tired from the day's events and all the alcohol in my blood.

As I get closer I hear Mia's voice, probably reading another book loudly for Jen thinking she can hear us.

I put my hand on the handle and right before I open I hear a familiar angelic voice. The voice I've been dying to hear for weeks. I push the door open and I see her sitting up on the bed talking with Mia. Her talking stopped as soon as the doors opened and her brown eyes looked into mine.

I felt stunned not really grasping the reality of what's happening. Is she awake? Am I halucinating? Why wasn't I informed?
I just stood there staring like a damn fool.

Her lips curved up into the most beautiful smile I've ever seen and my heart fluttered. Warmth spread itself across my body and I suddenly don't feel tired anymore and my hazy mind is now sober.

"Hi Gio." Her soft voice called for me but there was a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Why?

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

What do you think will happen between them now?

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!