33. The wait

Jen POV

Me and Mia sat in her room the day after and I told her about the newfound information.
We sat on her bed in silence looking out the window proccessing the information.

"What are you going to do?" Mia said softly.

"I don't know. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be running out there." I paused. "All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper.

I look at Mia from staring at the window and see her in a daze. It seems like I've been neglecting her in the storm of my own shit.

"Mia." I place my hand on her arm. She hums in response which is very unlike her.
"Are you okay?" I asked worried.

She stiffened at my question and I saw hesitation in her eyes. As she was about to reply we heard knocks on her door. We walk to the door carefully and when opening we breathe out in relief. It was only Alessa standing there with a bunch of snacks in her arms.

"GIRLS NIGHT?!" She yelled and both me and Mia winched at her high pitched voice.
When she didn't get a reaction a frown of displease showed on her pretty face and she pouted her small lips. "Pwese? You guys been all wierd lately!"

I looked at Mia who broke out a small smile and I nodded. "Fine but no sappy romance movies."

"YES ANYTHING!" She continued her yelling and dragged us to the movie room which litetally looked like a small cinema.

Sitting down comfy we scroll through netflix when someone cleared their throat. All three if us snapped our heads to the side and spotted Stephano standing by the door in grey joggers hanging low on his hips and a fit white t-shirt showing off his rip muscles. Goddamn gorgerous DeLuca genes I thought while rolling my eyes.

"Frattello!" (Brother) Alessa hollered and waved. "Join us!"

"Should I?" He asked in a curious tone but I see his question wasn't for Alessa who was oblivious to it. I followed his gaze that landed on none other than a fidgeting Mia beside me.

Her pretty blue eyes stared back at his clear emerald green ones.

"Ofcourse!" Alessa continued without noticing him waiting for another answer.

In the corner of my eye I see Mia nod and he walks into the room with ease to sit beside Alessa.

"No! Sit over there" she points beside Mia. "You always hog the blanket!"

He chuckled and shook his head as he made his way and sat beside Mia with some good distance as if he didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

We chose V fot Vendetta and as it was rolling to an end I noticed a siluette standing by the door. I look at Alessa and Mia that have fallen asleep. The dark shadow stepped into light and it was Angelo standing there, his usual cold and expressionless face now had a hint of irritation.
He was staring straight pass me at Mia who fell asleep and leaned on Stephano's shoulder.

"Boss is looking for you." Angelo's cold monotone voice woke both Alessa and Mia up. His attention was now on me. "He's in his study."

I felt Mia shift beside me and I turned to look at her, her eyes stared right at Angelo but she adverted her gaze as soon as he looked back at her.
I got up and walked towards the door.

"I'll see you later. Find another one I don't think it will be long." I spoke to Alessa and she nodded back.

-

Right outside the doors of his office I knock twice on the door and it took a while untill he responded with a "come in."

I took carefull steps and a dejavu rushed back to me. This gave me the same erie feeling as when Nikolai hit me for the first and last time.
Giovanni sat in his seat looking down on some papers still not acknoledging my presence. When I stood infront of his desk I stodd in silence trying to gather all my strength for what's about to happen.