28. Bound

Jen POV

Getting out of the car infront of the small cafe downtown I see a lot of black cars and guards outside. I shook my head and sighed, he always had to be so extra.

Two big guards stood outside the Cafe guarding the door and stopped me when me and Mia tried to enter.

"Vash boss ne obraduyetsya, yesli ya pozvolyu yemu podozhdat'." (Your boss won't be happy if I let him wait.) speaking in my mother language felt strange after so many years. It felt foreign.

"Moya vina." (My bad) He apologised and bowed his head while letting us in.

Walking into the cafe I instantly spotted his white ashy hair in the center of the room.
Black dresspants, crisp black shirt and a sandy blazer fit him perfectly.

I took powerfull steps towards him not showing any weaknesses and sat down in the seat infront if him

I took powerfull steps towards him not showing any weaknesses and sat down in the seat infront if him. He stopped speaking to Ivan that sat beside him and turned his attention to me. The coldness in his eyes instantly dropped and became soft as soon as his eyes met mine.
We stared at eachother for a moment and I knew he tried go read my void eyes.

"Ivan, take her friend and sit somewhere else."

Without questioning Ivan stood and marched to another table and I nod for Mia to follow him. Looking back I see his gaze never left mine.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at me all day?" My question shocked him but he broke out a smile, a genuin smile.

His smile took my breath away, just like how it did in the past I found calmness with him.

"Moye Plamya." (My flame) he lit up his cigarette and took a deep inhale.

" (My flame) he lit up his cigarette and took a deep inhale

"If I could, I would stare at you untill the day I die." I looked into his eyes and found nothing but the truth. My heart ached but I didn't show it.

"If you mean that. Why did you hurt me?" I asked calmly.

Pain flashed by his icy blue eyes and he took another inhalde of the cigarrette.

"My father-"

"No." I stopped him. "You can not use your father as an excuse for why you hurt me and put me in the hospital for a month! You didn't even visist me Nik!" Now my voice was raised and my fists clenched hard.

"I'm sorry my love." He tried to take my hand but I moved it away from him. "He told me he would hurt you, kill you. I-I couldn't let that happen."

"I'd rather he hurt me or killed me instead of beeing hurt by the man I love. Loved." I corrected myself. His hands shook and he looked into my eyes filled with pain.
"For a month in the hospital without you, I wished everyday to die."

"I'm sorry. I've fixed it now! I am the Don now and my father is not in charge. My love come back to me. I will fix everything that went wrong. I-."

"It's too late Nik. I'm done. I'm done with you." Pain laced my tone and it felt like a lie. Why does it feel like a lie? I hate him.

"You- You don't love me anymore?" His eyes tremble and I for the first time in my life saw him in fear. Fear of losing me.

I hesitated in my answer which made him exhale in relief.

"You do. You do still love me." He reached out to my hand and took it, I let him.

As soon as his hand touched mine it sent sparks through my whole body and it shocked me.

My eyes widend in surprise on the familiar feeling and my gaze falls in the ring on his finger

My eyes widend in surprise on the familiar feeling and my gaze falls in the ring on his finger. I graze my thumb over the silver ring, feeling nostalgic. It felt just like yesterday when I gave him that ring and promised forever. A tear slips from my eye and he is quick to wipe it away with his other hand, he didn't pull away and let his hand rest on my cheek.

"Navsegda." (Forever) He whispered softly.

I was about to reply when he jumped over me and my mind went into shock. All I heard was gunshots and glass splattered everywhere. I see him above me, protectively while yelling rapidly at his men in russian.

"Boss! oni ital'yantsy." (It's the italians) Ivan shouted mids shooting.

Nikolai quickly turned his attention back on me and his face showed hurt.

"Did you do this my love? Did you want me dead this much?" His voice pained and his body shaking.

Suddenly I see Angelo standing at the entrance looking right at me and Nikolai, his gun pointed forwards and before I could react Nikolai took me in his arms and I heard him groan. I layed in his arms paralyzed, I could feel warm liquid running down my shirt but I couldn't move nor could I speak. Ivan appeared and pulled Nikolai off me and shot towards Angelo by the door.

"Dumayu, eto bylo ne navsegda." (I guess it wasn't forever). I heard Nikolai say before Ivan and his men pulled him out by the back door.

I layed on the floor facing where he just disapeared and I felt numb. My hand went up on the shirt where the warm wet liquid is now cold against my skin. I raise my hand above my eyes and look at the red blood, Nikolai's blood.
I see Mia above me shouting but I can't hear her, everything feels so far away. I closed my eyes and let darkness take over.

What have I done?

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Does Jen still love Nikolai?
What will she do now?

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!