10: Sex Ed with The Doc

"Don't say dad." Kali demands, obviously already deducing what I am getting at.

"Well, none of us know who our angel dad is, right? What if it's the same angel for all of us." I explain.

"That seems unlikely." She dismisses.

"Actually, I think it's more likely. How many angels are out boning humans? It's probably one. One serial boner." Miguel announces, cracking himself up.

"This is not okay. I need to talk to Janine now." Kali demands, stomping off.

"Come on Kali. It's not true." Thomas reasons, trailing after her.

"Nice one, Sara." Miguel congratulates, returning to his book.

"I'm not messing with them. I'm serious. We could all be siblings." I defend.

"If that's the case, you should be just as embarrassed as them. We both know how much you want to bone me." He muses, not bothering to look up.

"You're so full of yourself" I counter.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself." He taunts.

Huh, so annoying.

"I know you are." He responds.

"Stay out of my head, creep." I yell, while stomping off to my room.

"I can still hear you in there!" He calls.

"Ahhhhh!!!!"

...

We are gathered outside at dusk, in the early spring of Seattle, Washington. These flimsy clown pajamas are doing nothing to keep me warm. Imperviousness to cold is not an angel ability, apparently. Sasuke huddles beside me on the bleachers, and I feel warmth in my cheeks.

"Hey." I greet.

"Hi." He replies, giving me one of his beautiful smiles.

"Sorry about running off earlier." I apologize.

"No problem. I shouldn't have been procrastinating anyway. You look cold." He wraps his arm around me, having no jacket to offer. He's not a big guy. Only a few inches taller than me, with a lanky muscular build, but his arm fits around me nicely. The extra body heat is deeply appreciated.

Thomas and Kali are snuggled up in front of us with Kali practically in his lap. I scoot a little closer to Sasuke, the warmness in my cheeks intensifying. Ambien comes over and leans on my other side. I laugh in surprise, wrapping my arm around her. She is very petite, probably five feet. She nuzzles into my side like a child.

"Hello, everyone." I jump at Dr. Hemsworth's greeting. Ambien sits at attention, suddenly on edge.

"Hi." Sasuke greets.

I feel like we are doing something wrong and sit up a little straighter.

"Janine has informed me that when telling you, you're the children of angels, I may have oversimplified." She begins immediately. She's wearing a long fashionable coat that looks warm. "You see, angels do not have bodies like humans, so they do not have sperm. The egg and sperm were anointed in the presence of the grace of an angel. This process infused your genetic makeup with the grace of an angel. I would not say that makes them biologically a parent per se. You are not at the risk of birth defects if you were to procreate with one another I should say. Though to date I have not heard of a Nephilim conceiving, regardless." Dr. Hemsworth finishes, and I can't say that I am less confused.

"What are your questions?" she asks, filling the silence.

"We're like Spiderman?" Thomas asks, enthusiastically.