21: The Weekend is for Debauchery

A strange man sits in the cafeteria. I nearly jump to the ceiling like a feral cat, when I teleport in, surprised to see a new face for the first time in days.

"Hello." I greet the man in surprise, sounding like a frightened mouse.

He doesn't look up from his book. He's an older man, maybe forty. He has gray in his short hair and neatly trimmed beard. He peers through silver- rimmed spectacles perched on his handsome nose, reading a book. His features are symmetrical. He's handsome for a man his age. I can't help but notice his well-formed muscles bulging in the thin material of his black scrubs.

I'm still staring when Ambien arrives. She gives me a calculating look as I give her a too big smile, feeling guilty for ogling the older man. She shoots the man a glare and moves over to the food table.

I wave at Sasuke as he enters the cafeteria, but he doesn't notice me, his timid grey eyes fixed on the silver fox.

"Good morning." Sasuke greets, the words catching in his throat.

The man actually bothers raising his head at Sasuke's greeting. He gives him a smile I would describe as sly, causing Sasuke to blush.

I gape at the odd exchange.

"Close your mouth, Slack Jaw." Miguel mocks.

I jump at his sudden intrusion, shooting him a glare, before looking back at the two, but the moments gone. The stranger's nose is firmly back in his book.

"Good morning, Sasuke." I greet, coming up beside him at the food table.

He hits me with the high beams, his cheeks still a little flush.

When we all are seated at the table, the stranger stands abruptly and levels us with a stern look. I notice Sasuke shutter under the stranger's icy blue gaze. I'm trembling a bit myself, but I don't think it's for the same reason.

"Don't bother me and I won't bother you." The weekend tech informs, without introduction.

"Fuck. I forgot about the weekend." Miguel fumes once the weekend tech, whose name I still don't know, makes his exit through the mystery door.

"Is this how he always is?" I ask Sasuke.

"Yeah. He has a gruff personality but at least he really does leave us alone." Sasuke replies with a sheepish smile.

"What's his name?" I ask.

"He goes by Bob. He's a demon." Ambien replies, a morbidly humorous look on her pretty face.

Miguel huffs, shooting daggers at Ambien.

"You have a problem, pretty boy?" Ambien sneers back.

"You've known about all this witch and demon stuff, instead of letting people know, you just play crazy and make everyone else believe I am too." Miguel accuses.

"You can't tell people something like that. They must figure it out on their own. It isn't my fault you are too pig headed to understand that." Ambien responds.

"I liked it better when you didn't talk." Miguel rebuts.

"Same to you." Ambien counters flippantly.

After breakfast Sasuke and I get to work on school. A few hours in, Bob makes an appearance. He leaves as quickly as he came but Sasuke appears visibly shaken by his brief presence.

I try to keep working. To mind my own business, but I can't, not with him sitting right there, his cheeks still flush from the man's gaze alone.

"Do you like Bob?" I ask tactfully. He looks over at me with a grin. Wow, he has got it bad for the old man.