33: Welcome to The Master's House

We pull into a large driveway on what must be the outskirts of Seattle. After about five minutes of driving a large structure comes into view. It has the features of a house but much larger. I guess you would call it a mansion. It's painted blue with dark blue trim. It's pretty but looks kind of strange. Like the color doesn't go with the house. Our escort pulls up to the walkway and gets out of the car without a word. He opens the trunk and we grab our bags.

"Welcome. My name is Lilith. I'm Master Asmodeus's executive assistant. You'll report to me directly." A woman about my height with dark exotic features greets, coming down the walkway. Did she say, Master. Did we go through a time warp?

"Hi, I'm Sasuke." Sasuke introduces, extending his hand.

"Yes, I know your names." Lilith dismisses, ignoring his outstretched hand. I'm shocked. How am I still able to be shocked?

"Come along." She orders, turning and walking toward the side of the large house. She never acknowledges our escort.

I glance at Sasuke and he's glaring after Lilith. He doesn't look back at me, just marches after the figure disappearing behind some side brush. I follow apprehensively.

She leads us through a back entrance. "This is the door you'll use. Never use the front entrance." She orders, looking at us for a response once we have entered a vast hall decorated beyond ostentatiously, the color pallet giving me a headache.

"Sara." Lilith snaps, drawing my attention from my gawking. I snap my mouth shut and nod. She glares at me but carries on.

"These are the..." she hesitates. "Employee quarters." She stops about midway down the hall. "This is your room, Sara." She opens the large heavy oak door.

The room is just as bad as the hall. The rug is the same ostentatious gold with flower detail. The bed is a huge four poster with flowers carved into it. The comforter is blue, clashing with the rest of the décor. A horrendous cherub wallpaper adorns every square inch of the walls. The room physically pains me as my eyes shoot around to take it all in. All in all, though pretty nice room.

"Put on what I have laid out on the bed for you. This is your uniform and is to be worn any time you are in the presence of Master Asmodeus. Meet us at the end of the hall when you are dressed. You'll be meeting Master Asmodeus." She orders.

"Come along, Sasuke." She instructs leaving me alone in the alien room. I want to follow them and see where Sasuke's room is, but I'm pretty sure Lilith would be pissed.

On the bed are three boxes. A shoe box, a garment box, and a small thin box, some sort of jewelry box maybe. I open the garment box to reveal a stunning velvety black dress. This must be a mistake. How is this a uniform? A uniform for what? A cocktail party. I lift the gown from the box, and it's softer than it looks. I guess I'll put it on. If it is a mistake Lilith will have no problem informing me.

I quickly slip off my jeans and hoody, placing them carefully on the bed. I feel kind of sad removing them.

I slip on the amazingly soft material. There's a long oval shaped standing mirror in the corner of the room, I go and inspect myself in. The dress has a moderately deep v neck and is completely backless, so it looks ridiculous with my bra.

There's a dresser next to the mirror I figure might have some kind of bra that would go with this dress. There's nothing in the top drawer. The second drawer holds a single set of silky black pajamas. No bra. There is another problem with the dress. I haven't shaven in over a month and am obscenely bushy for the garment.

I peel the dress back off. This isn't going to work. There are two other doors beside the one I came in from. I open the first one and find a closet with two other dresses similar to the one in the box hanging in it and another shoe box. I open the next door and am elated to find a bathroom. Nothing around the bathtub. I start looking in drawers fixed in the counter surrounding the porcelain sink with golden handles. I find shampoo, conditioner, body soap, towels, hand towels, toothbrush, toothpaste and finally a package of razors and shaving cream. I turn on the water in the tub with actual claw feet. I strip of the rest of my clothes and sink in to my first bath in months. Feels amazing. I don't know how long Lilith will wait, so I get to work, after only a moment of enjoyment, removing body hair. Once I am satisfied, I climb out, pulling the drain.