31: Three Man Offense

"You have become complacent in your training. Maybe that's my fault." Janine chastises, interrupting a particularly edible bite of sandwich. "To help motivate you I have some guests joining us for the rest of training today." Janine announces, three large men entering the room dramatically at her words.

"These Nephilim are past students of mine." Janine continues. "Nathan." She introduces the one standing closest to her. He is over six feet tall with coco colored skin and the darkest grey eyes of a Nephilim I have seen, which I guess isn't saying much. He is gorgeous as all the Nephilim I have met so far. Why didn't I get that gene? "Is a prison guard in Hell. He helps with training new recruits when he isn't standing guard at Lucifer's cage." Janine continues, smiling like a proud mom. "Nathan employs all the tricks, I taught him here, down in Hell." She beams at him while he continues to glare at us. He is wearing quite the outfit. It reminds me of a bull fighters costume. A short black pleated jacket with form fitting pants to match over a blood-colored button up with white leather boots for flare. Seems like a hot outfit for Hell.

"Pontus and Sao here both are employed by highly affluent members of the Pacific Northwest community." Janine continues to brag.

Sao looks to be of Asian descent and is the biggest of the three. He smirks at me, noticing my appraisal of him. I blush and turn beet red when I remember how I look. My clown pajamas have blood stains with a few tears and holes from Ambien's beating. My hair is frizzy, having not been properly conditioned or brushed in a month. I'm sure my eye bags are worse than ever, so why is he eyeing me like that. Is he making fun of me?

Pontus seems uncomfortable being paraded around by Janine. He stands, hands in his jean pockets, staring at the ground. He is shorter than the others but nearly as wide with large muscles bulging through his blue button up. His skin is a lovely tan nearly the same color as his medium brown hair. His grey eyes glance up at us then back down. They look almost lavender. I remember Michelle saying my eyes did that. I can't believe my eyes have ever looked as lovely as his.

"No group today. We're getting straight to work." Janine announces, finished introducing the three intimidating men. "Oh, by the way Ambien, you're the target. The three of you have to keep her safe from them." She says to Sasuke, Briti and I gesturing at the three men. "As an extra incentive if you succeed, no training tomorrow. If you fail." An evil glint enters her eye a terrifying smile spreading across her face.

Ambien glares at Janine, the three men and then at us before vanishing. How are we supposed to protect her if we don't know where she is? She doesn't have faith in our ability to keep her safe. No surprise there.

Nathan, the bull fighter takes off out of the cafeteria, presumably to look for Ambien. The other two circle us. I guess they are meant to distract us to give Nathan time to find Ambien. I teleport to where I think Ambien is most likely to be. Sorry Sasuke, Briti, but we must find Ambien before them if we want to keep her safe and win. I know where I would go. The place I have went the least. Though I don't know if I can even go there. I'm in the shed by the field where Janine handed us the shovels. She isn't here, though.

Nathan throws open the door. How did he know I was here? Is it a coincidence? Can he not teleport? He glares at me for a moment then looks around the shed. When he sees Ambien isn't here, he slams the door shut.

"Hey." I holler.

I teleport out and see him running toward the field. I teleport in front of him. If I can't find Ambien, I guess I'll just keep him from finding her as well. He shoves me and I fly a few feet to the ground from his momentum. I hop up and teleport in front of him again. As he is about to run into me, I teleport behind him, shoving him as hard as I can. I teleport in front of him, grabbing his head as he loses his footing, bringing his face down on my knee. Though blood spurts from his nose he doesn't miss a beat, grabbing hold of my leg and pulling it out from under me.