Chapter Seventeen

The night transcended into twilight as we drowned under multiple rounds of explosive passion

The night transcended into twilight as we drowned under multiple rounds of explosive passion. We lay entangled long after we were done, not moving, neither wanting to. His words still rang in my head, although muffled by the haze of ecstasy.

It was mutually decided that the bedsheet under us was way too ruined to be used and after an extremely long and awkward period in which we dressed silently, we made our way to the car. We sat in his car after a while, but he made no attempt to start the engine. I remained quiet, waiting for him to say something. A million questions ran through my head. Each more terrifying than the last.

As much as I hated to overthink and ruin what had just happened, I couldn't help but. Did that mean he actually had feelings for me? Feelings that were more than just friendship? Or was it just a part of his impulsiveness? What would it mean for us anyway?

I shrunk away from him almost unconsciously, trying to make myself as small as possible. It was true that it had felt amazing, but suddenly it was like I didn't know how to talk to him.

He sighed after a while and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. "Is it okay if we hang around for a bit?" he asked.

I nodded reluctantly. "Yeah. Sure."

He seemed to smile a little as he finally started the engine. I leaned back and took a deep breath, my head still buzzing with everything that had happened. My skin tingling, reliving each of his touches. The feeling of his lips on mine, on my skin. I had thought it would be awkward, and for a while, it was. Although later, it had felt right. Perfect somehow. But I couldn't help wondering if he felt the same way.

It was strange that he had wanted me that way. I had never been much to look at. I never had the brilliant, intoxicating irises, the sharp nose, the chiselled jaw. I was just...average. Pretty much at everything. Ace on the other hand was definitely on the much hotter side. Sometimes I wondered if he knew about it and deliberately downplayed himself.

We drove around for a few more hours, by the end of which I was severely worried about Ace and requested him to go sleep. He pursed his lips tightly but didn't protest, which was a relief considering how sunken his eyes and how pale his skin was. He was exhausted, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

He drove to my home and stopped the car, turning to look at me. "I'll see you tomorrow then," he said softly.

I bit my lip and nodded. I waited for a few more seconds, reluctant to part in spite of my awkwardness. I wished he would say something. But it didn't seem like he would, so I finally decided to do that instead.

"Ace...can I...ask you something?" I asked, staring at my shoes.

"You just did. But sure, go ahead."

I gulped and took a steadying breath. I didn't know how exactly to ask him what I wanted to know. One, why did he decided to have sex with me and two, was it good for him?