33. He's Charming

When Alexei woke up, I was already awake, putting away my sketchbook and stepping off the bed.

"You're ass looks nice from over here," he calls.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him to smack his forehead.

"The bathroom's over there," I tell him, pointing to the door by the TV. "Use it. I wouldn't want your breath to stink up the whole room."

He snorted and got up on one side of the bed. His hair was messy, but ever so beautiful. Of course it was. He was always flawless. In his face, anyway.

"I'm surprised you're up this early," I say. I look over at the clock. It was only 5:40.

"I usually wake up at five," he admits, walking towards the bathroom. "I like the morning."

Me too.

I grabbed my suitcase and changed in here since he was in the bathroom. I put on a maroon long sleeved shirt and some gray sweatpants. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I shouldn't have stayed up all night drawing him.

I went upstairs and saw my dad making coffee in his plaid sweatpants and grey shirt.

"Morning," I mumble, sitting on a stool and leaning my arms on the cold marble counter.

"You didn't sleep at all, did you?" He sighs, down at me with a smile. My father knew me well.

I shook my head as he placed a cup in front of me. He poured some coffee into it and then three sugars and french vanilla creamer. He remembered the only way I took my coffee.

"Thanks," I say, putting my hands on both sides of the mug to warm them. I looked passed my shoulder.

"Oh my god. Did it snow?"

"Four inches," he agrees. "I'm sure it'll melt by tomorrow."

I sigh, looking down at my coffee.

"So, why is Russian boy here and not Gideon?" My father asks as he takes a drink of his own coffee.

I slumped on the stool. "It's a long story."

"I could use some entertainment."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm in love with Gideon," I inform him. "But I don't trust him and he doesn't trust me."

"It kind of seems like he has a reason," dad says. I raise an eyebrow and he explains, "I wouldn't want to be up against Mr. Gorgeous."

I choked on my coffee.

"I said what I said."

I burst out laughing. So did he. "But really, the guy looks like a greek god."

I had to agree. Though, I'd never say it out loud.

"I just lied to Gideon a few times. I feel really guilty, but I know if he knew my ice skating partner was Alexei, he'd flip out," I confide. "I just don't want him to freak about something he doesn't need to freak about."

"I disagree. Alexei is the very thing he needs to freak about." My dad leaned a hand on the table. "He's charming. Too charming. I know if your mother would have been friends with a guy like that, I would have went crazy—"

"I'm not even friends with him," I point out. "And the whole jealousy thing... it's not an attractive trait to me." I shake my head. "Gideon doesn't own me. He doesn't need to know every little detail, does he?"

"Owning and loving are not the same," he tells me. "In love, you aren't afraid to tell them anything because you always know they will treat you the same. Love you the same." He looks over at me. "And owning is not love at all. It's want."

"They can't go hand in hand?"

"They can. But owning alone isn't healthy."

"Good morning, Mr. Ashton," Alexei said from behind me. I turned to look at him.

He was wearing the black shirt he had on and now was wearing my overalls over it. I had to laugh a little. He grinned and twirled around for me.

"Can I get you some coffee, Alexei?" My dad asked.

"Please," he says, walking over to grab a mug. Dad poured it in and then Alexei put in three sugars.

"I'm surprised you don't just take it black," I tell him.

"Black coffee just tastes awful," he admits, his face twisting.

My dad excused himself and went up to his bedroom. I rolled my eyes. What was he up to? Just getting me and Alexei alone?

"Why is there charcoal on your hands?" He asks, taking my fingers and twisting my palms up slowly.

"No reason," I lied, twirling my dog tag around my neck.

"If you would like to draw me, darling, I will always pose for you." He smirks. "Nude," he added.

I snorted. "How did you know?" I couldn't stop my cheeks from flaming.

"I found it this morning. You drew me sleeping. It was good. Fantastic." He stared at my dog tag. "An unfamiliar face was in there a lot. But no Gideon."

"That person would be my dead brother Beau," I say. "And I haven't drawn Gideon in yet because—because—"

"Because why?"

I shook my head. "It's snowing," I tell him.

"Shit," he says. "Will it be alright by tomorrow?"

"Yeah, dad says it's will be." My phone lit up. 12 text messages from Gideon. I rolled my eyes and turned it off.

"Hey, I know I invited you here and everything, but I'm sorry I didn't get you a present. I guess you could keep the drawing?"

"Darling, that drawing is yours," he says. "I'll tell you what— you draw me now and I'll keep that one."

"Deal."