36. The Last Night

I hopped around nervously, my whole body shaking.

Mrs. Hall adjusted my dress. It was skin tight on top. It was a black see through shirt with thick lines of not see through black material, and it was lined with silver gems. The top dipped until my navel, exposing some of my chest and stomach, but it was tight enough so it wouldn't show a thing. My skirt was short, it barely went to my mid-thigh. It was black, too, as were my skates.

My makeup was bold. My eyeliner was a broad wing and my eyeshadow was a dark purple, as were my lips.

My hair was put into a bun with a thin braid on each side of my head.

Alexei's shirt looked as tight as mine. It was a dark gray with purple, black, and gold swirls all over. You could see the top-middle of his chest, where his pecs started to form. A feather-like-fabric was in the exposed part of his chest. On the collar, it was the same feather-like-fabric. He had loose, plain black slacks.

He was wearing eyeliner and some makeup, too, but he didn't look as ridiculous as I did. He didn't even have to change his hair.

"Calm down," he tells me softly. "We'll do fine."

My heart was trying to jump out of my chest, but I decided my shirt was too tight for it to do so.

"If Andrews coming?" He whispered.

I shook my head. "He was going to visit his mother."

"But there's a blizzard," he mutters back.

I shrugged. Mrs. Hall took Alexei's shoulder, being almost as tall as he is as she whispered in his ear. She had to be at least 5'10, because i knew Alexei was around 5'11.

He nodded to her and she patted him, clearly satisfied as she backed away and went in front of us. I shot him a confused look, but he sighed and shook his head. His eyes said, You'll see.

"You two have nearly perfected this routine," she breathes, reaching out and gripping both of our hands. "Your intimacy has grown passed why I had expected and I'm so proud of you two and I know you can win this."

She took our hands and then placed them on each other. I looked over at Alexei nervously as I squeezed his. We were the last performance to go on tonight and I've seen three potential routines that could beat us if we didn't work our asses off.

You got this, he mouthed to me.

They started to announce our routine, first calling both of our names.

We got this, I corrected him.

"Please welcome JJ Ashton and Alexei Novikov in the routine, The Last Night."

We still held hands as we smoothly skated out onto the iced platform, ignoring the hundreds of cheers in the crowd. My heart pounded as I let go of his hand and started in position.

The music started, and I knew that was my cue. I spun in place, one of my legs bent to where the skate hovered on the side of my knee as I brought my hands up, over my head. I spun three times with my hands in the air, and then they descended as I unhooked my hands and put them on either side of me for the next two, until I bent suddenly, faking sadness as I was in a squat-like position. I put my hands in my face, faking sobs.

Alexei moved, walking over to me in spins. A spin with a step until he was in front of me, taking my hands away from my face, but I didn't give. I made a show of a struggle, but eventually, he pulled gently and I let my arms go as I looked up into his eyes, powerful emotion in both of our faces.

The music spiked and he stayed in his squatting position and I stood up quickly, turning my back on him and skating away for a few steps.

As I turned back to him, I saw he was where he was supposed to be, holding out his hand, now on one knee, his other steady on the ice.