chapter 32

"I think this is the one!" Lily exclaimed spinning to look at Marlene and me. The dress was simple but pretty, it was a slim a-line dress, with short sleeves. 

Marlene, Lily's mother, and I were crowded on the small couch of a muggle dress shop, while Lily tried on dress after dress. 

   "James is going to lose his shit when he sees you in that dress." Marlene grinned.

   "I think that dress was made for you," I told her. 

   "You look beautiful, darling," Lily's mother, Rose, added.

   "It really is perfect isn't it," Lily turned back to the mirror.

   "Yeah," Marlene and I said in unison.

As Lily headed back to the dressing room I could still see a large smile on her face. Even with the looming war Lily always seemed to find a reason to be happy. Though I had been worried for her when James had gotten injured, he had recovered and so had her optimism. 

•••

    "Oh my god," Lily said. We were sitting in the spare room of the Potter's house helping Lily get ready. "It's actually happening, I'm actually getting married and to James Potter of all people." She laughed nervously. "Third year Lily would never believe it." 

   "I think third-year Lily might just pass out if you told her she was going to marry James," Marlene said smirking. 

   "What if I trip when walking down the aisle,  or my hair falls out, or I forget my vows" Lily fretted.

  "Lils it's gonna be fine," I told her, as I readjusted the white flowers in her hair. 

  "When I married your father, I was so nervous that I tripped up the stairs to the altar," Rose said.

"Mum!" Lily exclaimed. "That's not very reassuring."

"You'll be wonderful," Her mum reassured her.

   I walked over to the closet and pulled Marlene and I's bridesmaid dresses out. They were simple, pale blue, floor-length with spaghetti straps. 

"We should probably get dressed to Marls," I suggested.

"We probably should've gotten dressed twenty minutes ago," She laughed and took her dress from me.

Soon after we were dressed, Remus stuck his head in the door.

  "Maude, Marlene, it's time for us to head out," He said.

"Already?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's time," He smiled.

 We wrapped Lily in a group hug and followed Remus out of the room.

Sirius's POV:

    "Holy shit. This is actually happening. I mean don't get me wrong this is the happiest day of my life, but I'm scared out of my mind!" James looked like he might pass out. 

    "Dude chill out" Remus muttered, patting James on the shoulder.

   "How am I supposed to chill out? I've never gotten married before." James exclaimed.

   "No shit Sherlock," I said, laughing at James's worry. He gave me a look as I adjusted his tie. "Hey, it's going to be great! You've wanted this since you were like 13."

   "Yeah, you've got this James" Peter piped up. 

   "Guys I don't know, what if she changes her mind at the altar, or just doesn't show up?" James asked. "Oh, what if I screw up my vows? Or-"