chapter 37

"Good Morning" I murmured walking into the kitchen, where Sirius was making eggs and drinking his coffee.

"Morning love." 

"Love?" I smirked.

"What?" I swear he blushed.

"Nothing, it's cute," I kissed him. 

"Is that my shirt?" I looked down at the large black t-shirt I was wearing.

"No?" I tried.

"I think you've stolen half my closet by now, I'm going to have to start stealing my clothes back," He muttered.

"I think we should do something today, we haven't been on a real date since before James and Lily's wedding," I said, moving to sit down.

"Are you, Maude Collins, asking me out?" He asked.

"Nope. Never. I don't like you at all." 

"Wow, I've been living a lie," He made a pained face. "So what are we doing?" 

"Well Lily invited us over for dinner tonight, so I was thinking we could go grab lunch, spend the afternoon doing literally whatever we want, and then head to the Potters after."

"Whatever we want?" he asked smirking.

"As long as it's legal" I deadpanned.

"Damnit, there goes all my plans."

•••

"I think I could eat about twenty more plates of those chips," Sirius told me as we walked out of the restaurant.

"Twenty? I say fifty." I said.

We had ended up in Hogsmeade and ate at the three broomsticks, which coincidentally had been the location of our very first date. It felt like a step back in time, especially with all the Hogwarts students wandering around.

"Where to next?" I asked, looking up at Sirius. 

His eyes sparkled with mischief. "Zonkos!" I was dragged over to the colorful shop and pushed through the door in under a minute.

We wandered the aisles, Sirius pointing out this prank supply and that joke book. It took me a full twenty minutes to extract him, and even then he left with a bursting paper bag of who knows what. 

"What are you even going to do with all of that?" I asked, gesturing towards his bag.

"Prank Prongs and Moony and Wormtail! What else would I do with it?" I rolled my eyes and him, and we continued down the shop-lined street, stopping every few feet to peer into a shop window.

"Maude look!" Sirius was pointing at a small broomstick in a shop window. "For Harry! He would love it!"

"No way. Harry is barely three months old, he can't walk, let alone ride a broomstick!"

"I know. But come on it's perfect! I'll buy it now and give it to him when he's a little older!"

'But-"

"Please."

"Okay," I said giving in. It was, in fact, a perfect gift. We got in and out of the shop quickly, now holding the small broom.

"Come on, I want to go see something," Sirius led us down to the end of the street. I assumed we'd stop before the forest, but he just led me down a little wooded path.

"Where are we going?"

"There's a cool spot in the woods back here" Sirius responded, starting down the trail.