Nightmares (1)

*Edited*

"Are you sure?"

"What better way to celebrate our anniversary," I teased.

"You know what I mean Delaney, are you sure it's safe?"

"Positive."

I felt his lips on mine and I sighed in bliss, my first kiss. I kissed him back but after a moment or two he stopped. Confused, I pulled back to see his body pale, his veins had gone black from the poison on my skin. I screamed.

"Delaney! Wake up!"

I jerked awake to see Ebony looking at me worried. I looked around and saw that we were at our new house, in our new room.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You didn't take mum's tonic, did you?" Ebony asked softly.

"No. I thought they'd be gone by now," I admitted.

Ebony nodded understandingly. I looked at the time. It was just about time to get ready for school.

"Time for school," I muttered.

"Hey at least we got up in time," Ebony offered, trying to cheer me up. I just smiled at her but it wasn't a true smile. It was a broken one.

I rifled through my closet then through some of the boxes we still hadn't unpacked. Getting the necessary clothes for the chilly day that was usually expected of Autumn.

I walked into the bathroom that connected to our bedroom and shut the door behind me. I glanced at the mirror and paused to study my reflection. A majority of our bloodline was Irish so I had the normal red curls and green eyes that would blend in with the forest's greenery. My skin was naturally pale but it was paler than usual. I was fortunate enough that I was free of any traditional Irish freckles, except for a beauty spot that was located right under my left eyebrow.

My sisters had similar looks but you could easily tell us apart. Although a lot of people have trouble telling the differences between my twin and I. Ebony and I were the only twins or triplets who were identical in the family. 

I turned to study the luxurious bathroom behind me. My parents went all out on this house, saying that we needed a bigger house for more privacy. It had light blue and dark blue tiles splattering the walls and floors and it reminded me of the ocean which was quite relaxing.

We haven't been in this house for long so it took me a while to adjust the shower to the right temperature. While I washed my body I thought about the dream I had. It had been a while since I've had that dream...

I've always taken my mothers tonic before bed which put me in a deep enough sleep that dreams wouldn't bother me. You'd think after two years the dreams would've faded and that's exactly what I thought last night. I was a different town where nothing had memories of him clinging onto them. I was starting to not make sense, even to myself.

I sighed and decided that I was clean enough so I turned off the shower and stepped out. I changed into the clothes I had brought in with me which consisted of navy blue skinny jeans, a black tank top and a black leather jacket. I put my black leather gloves on that I had on twenty four seven and looked myself in the mirror.

I then decided to dry my hair and straighten it. I put on some mascara to make my lashes look longer. Then got out of the bathroom and my twin quickly rushed in, I think Ebony is the most girlie sister out of all of us, I thought amused.

I walked downstairs and silently crept into the kitchen. Mum was humming away, cooking breakfast. My mother was a fantastic cook. She usually spent the weekend making desserts and snacks for the week seeing as she lived with a family that had black holes for stomachs. She had several pans cooking at once. Rushing from one to another then Mum turned and saw me, she jumped.