The Convincing Devil

Trigger warning in this chapter: Kidnapping

The next day, Chase was a little happier but then he remembered his brother was still in a monster's clutches and they had no way of finding or getting him back.

He didn't know what to do, so he went about his day like normal. It's been a month, after all. He couldn't just sit and wait around at all hours of the day every day. He had to keep his mind busy and if Anti was still teasing them, he Marvin HAD to be alive still, right?

He tried not to think about it and got on his computer to start searching for a job again.

While he was doing that, he didn't notice someone was watching him again.

Anti had a plan. He couldn't let them all think he was going soft. Marvin already thought that of him and he couldn't have that. He had to show him who was in charge and what better way than an old fashioned kidnapping? Emphasis on the kid.

'The girl has Saturday school evidently and so the boy is going to be with her, too. Chase told his ex-mate he'd be there at the same time as her to pick them up.'

But Anti was conniving.

When it was close enough time that the kids would be let out, Anti glitched to the school and simply waited.

He had to admit, he did look a little different from Chase. Darker clothing, wilder hair, thinner beard and no hat? But the kids wouldn't think any of it at first, right?

'What kid needs Saturday school anyway? Kids must be pretty stupid. Surely they wouldn't recognize me, then'

Suddenly he realized he'd need a way to escape with them without being noticed.

'Hm. . . maybe I could steal a car . . . . .'

Kallie giggled seeing her big brother just outside the classroom. He was making funny faces at her to cheer her up and it was working.

She had been in there for too long already working on extra homework and readings she had to do to help her grades. She felt a bit low that she had to take extra classes but her brother made everything better.

She was only five, after all. She had plenty of time to help herself. Only thing was, she didn't feel like she was so young. She didn't understand a lot of what was happening in her life right now but she did know things weren't really right between her mom and dad. She was pretty mature for her age just like Sammy because of the divorce even if she didn't really get it.

Humming lightly to herself, she kicked her legs back and forth as she tried hard to write her name and do the colorful worksheets.

"Ms. Brody, please stop humming" the teacher snapped at her.

Kallie frowned but sighed and stopped humming, 'I wish Sammy was allowed to come inside'

She didn't know why and she was sure her mom would have a fit knowing the teacher kept him out. Sammy was her protector! Always at her side defending her!

Sammy stuck his tongue out at her from behind the glass, making her giggle.

"Ms. Brody, stop that right now or else you'll get extra readings and go into time-out, young lady!"

She swallowed, her feelings hurt by the teacher yelling at her, "'M sorry Mr. Cook"

He huffed and went back to watching the other kids in the class. There were only about five other kids but then again, she had a small class and it wasn't uncommon for this many to need extra help.