Prolouge

Nearly three centuries ago, Dragons were the species that prevailed over all the rest. The Elves, Humans, Fae, and Jaspun all were smaller in number than the larger beasts that shifted from humanoid to dragonoid.

The wars began with the Fae and Humans.

Humans were becoming more intelligent as the centuries went by; growing their culture and populations, only a bit smaller in number than the Fae.

The battles between the Humans and Fae people were brutal and bloody. So many deaths that the trees were watered with the blood of the fallen Fae. The Humans had known the Fae, and all the other species, weaknesses.

Fae could not stand leaving their forests, so their forests were burned and cut down. Elves often were too hasty in violence and always sent to battle when they could not. Jaspun, a species to live in earthen mounds, were nearly altogether wiped out by water being poured into the chambers. Dragons were immune to any weapons, beside Receges wood.

With the knowledge of these weaknesses, the Humans took years to grow themselves. Each and every species that was not Humans themselves, were slaughtered in unfair battles of which the Humans won each time.

They even were able to take down the proud and strong Dragons with Receges wood arrows, spears, and swords.

Kalzerath, a dragon himself, was too young to fight in the war between Dragons and Humans, but he was not too young to partake in the outcome of it.

His parents were warriors who died during the war, just barely telling Kalzerath and his sister, Kaida, to run before they too were killed by Humans. The pain was unbearable for both Kalzeraths parents and him.

At the ages of just twelve and five, Kalzerath and Kaida were left in a harsh, now Human, world.

Their best course of action was to try and make it to the Elves, who had rallied along a mountain range called Dresath. The Capital was known to be a safe haven for all species harmed by humans.

Though, the home of the Dragons, Vragad, was as far north of the continent as you could go, while Dresath was south. It would take a decade for one to walk between them.

As it did. Kalzerath and Kaida spent nearly ten years crossing the continent. Deserts, jungles, plains, forests. They walked it all as children.

It was not two days from Dresath, after Kalzeraths twenty-second winter, that something finally went wrong enough for their plans to be perhaps fatally halted.