Chapter Six

Adira's POV

My heart was pounding in my chest as my lips hovered only inches from Josh's.

"Do you really mean that, Adira sweetie?" he purred seductively. His blue eyes bore into mine and my heart fluttered in anticipation. I was shocked. It was as if all the air in the world was gone and I was facing a slow, painful death that made my body come alive with shock. To my relief, Josh's name was called on the attendance roster. He had to get tested for STD's. Thank God.

"This isn't over," he said with a dark look in his eyes. I leaned back in my seat, sighing with relief as I watched Josh grab his book bag and saunter away, his eyes grazing hungrily on the female students in the room. This look of haughty confidence snapped me back into reality-- what had just happened. I looked down at the assignment sheet once again and started filling in fake answers. Unfortunately, I was now in a sour mood. Then a beautiful idea popped into my head.

Question number one: what is your sexual history? I erased Josh's answer and wrote "Adira: No partners by choice; Josh: No partners, not by choice." I was feeling sadistic at this point as well as angrily bitter at not only Josh, but the world in general. I answered the other questions like so:

What is your dating history?

Adira: Many guys have had crushes on me, but I don't really have much of an interest in romance right now, I have too many career plans.

Josh: Basically, I follow girls around. At parties. To their houses. Sometimes I smell their hair, but I'm cool, right?

What are your hobbies?

Adira: Reading, writing, painting. I also love to play with my cat and take walks in nature with my best friend. My mom says I'm a pretty good cook.

Josh: Raiding girls' underwear drawers while their away. Sitting alone in a dark room on friday night. Collecting cotton balls.

What is your biggest goal in life?

Adira: To write a good book, travel the world, and make enough money to buy my mother a big house. I would also like to have a family of my own, but not until my career has taken off.

Josh: What are goals?

What is your favorite food?

Adira: I love pineapple pizza! I'm also obsessed with anything covered in Nutella.

Josh: Liver and onions. And the souls of the innocent.

I giggled to myself as I erased the last part because was too obvious. As I walked up to hand in the paper, Josh walked in. He smirked at me vainly and peered down at the paper.

"Did you finish it? What about my answers?" he asked. I shrugged, attempting to seem disinterested.

"Oh, yeah just vague stuff that I knew about you. I said your goals were to go to college, if that's okay," I said meekly, playing up the shy girl act. Josh snickered and started checking out the other girls in the room.

"Yeah, whatever. I probably will go just to get away from you and my stupid kid," he said with a sneer. My heart twinged a little but I reminded myself of my sweet, sweet revenge and smiled. Soon enough it was my turn to get tested, and after I returned from the test (the had to draw blood, ah!) the bell rang. As we were walking out, I saw the teacher taping up our sheet on a board entitled "Share the Experience of Married Life."

Oh yeah. This was about to get interesting.

A/N-- omg I'm in the top 300! Thanks everyone for reading, make sure to leave a comment about what you want to see, I really do take that into account. <3