MH │4

In the previous chapter: Oriane and Uilliam were at odds with each other. Uilliam escorted her to Carolina, the receptionist who showed her to her dormitory.

——-

CHAPTER FOUR

It had been a week after Oriane arrived at Diana Mist College, and the school was filling up with students. The fourth floor of her dormitory had been mostly quiet. Occasionally, she heard the random closing of doors. She also bumped into another girl on her floor but she had turned her nose up and ignored Oriane.

During the last week, she had managed to sort through her timetable, acquire any textbooks she was missing, and figure out where her classrooms were. The lot.

Once she familiarised herself with the size of the campus, Oriane found it relatively straightforward to navigate around.

The rooms were all numerical and in sequence for the most part. The college was separated into blocks based on the four departments. The first being General Studies, the second Metaphysics, thirdly Alchemy, and the forth was Botany. Each block, which was more like a tower when looked at from afar, was connected to each other via glass tunnels.

Oriane was walking through one of them. The glass windows surrounding the whole of the tunnel was framed by silver metallic rims and the ground she walked on was paved with polished concrete and stone. There were holes in the floor where floor lights gleamed up from and lit the entire pathway even in daylight.

There were only four official tunnels on the second and fourth floor that linked up the main building with the rest of the blocks.

However according to Carolina, apparently there were other pathways underground that led to the blocks, but not widely known nor used.

The main building that greeted the entrance was in fact all residential and administrative. Housed merely teacher offices, research centres, teachers' dormitories on campus, and student accommodation.

Given the hordes of students she had seen pouring in through the gates the past few days, she had no doubt the college needed that much space.

Classes began today. Oriane had the butterflies as she walked into the General Studies block. She would be meeting her homeroom tutor along with all other elementals in her year.

Homeroom was separated by race. Oriane watched as a group of either elves or nymphs walked into the Botany block. They all had pointy ears and were dressed in a shimmery material, completely wrapped up in their own bubble.

Oriane felt almost sick. She didn't expect it would be so- so- weird.

It was like she was stuck in a dream and none of this was real.

She lowered her gaze and kept herself from looking at anyone. No need to panic on the first day.

Thankfully, Oriane made it to the block without much fuss. Once she was in, she felt more comfortable. At least the elementals had proper clothes on and walked normally-

Dear. Lord.

She stepped into a corridor and was almost hit by someone floating – yes, floating – by her, seemingly carried by the wind.

Oriane couldn't help but stare.

"What are you looking at, creep?" The girl turned to her, speaking in a very heavy American accent. Her hair whipped ethereally around her. She scrunched her face down disdainfully at Oriane.

"Erm," she stuttered, shaking her head. "Nothing. S'cuse me."

The floating girl gave her a mean look and floated down the corridor to her destination.