Eleven-Icky Hickey

Eleven

Icky Hickey

"Wow this place is nice to say it's haunted." Alex said as we came down the stairs. I gave her a tour of our home and this made me stop in the middle of the stairwell abruptly.

"It's not haunted."

"If you say so." She said with a shrug, moving into the living room. I followed.

"So, you believe in ghosts?"

"I think anything is possible in this crazy world. Just because we can't see it doesn't mean its not real. But this place doesn't give off a malevolent presence, maybe a bit confused one but definitely not malevolent."

"So, are you saying you're psychic?"

"No, but I believe I am very connected to the spiritual realm. I think everyone is, but they refuse to tap into it because most people only believe what they see. There's a fortune teller down on the pier who could definitely inform you more than I can. I believe she's a gypsy like a real Romani one."

"Thanks, but I don't really believe in magic or getting your fortune told."

"Well, you have to at least come out with us on Friday. Have you been to the Santa Monica Pier yet?" Alex asked, propping herself down on the couch.

"No, it's been quite cold these past few weeks." I answered, joining her on the couch.

"Well, you definitely have to come. The temperature is supposed to be seventy fucking five degrees at night! That's like really rare in January."

"I don't know...my mom is probably not going to go for it this soon."

"But we probably won't get another opportunity like this until like March or April. That's too far away and you have to see it when it's warm. I'll talk to her."

"You can try."

"Oh, I'll get it done. So, what are we watching?" She asked as I grabbed the remote and switched on the TV.

"Well, we can either see what's on cable or watch something on Netflix."

"Definitely, Netflix!" We both exclaimed with a laugh.

As the Netflix logo chimed, Alex gasped. I turned to see that she was looking at me in shock.

"Oh my gosh!"

"What?"

"Did Luke do that to you?" She asked pointing to my neck.

"Do what?"

She touched the left side of my neck where Tyler had kissed me.

"I've never seen it that black and blue before."

I got up from the couch and walked over to our living room mirror to see what she was talking about. There was a large black and blue hickey that almost looked like a bruise and the size of a golf ball on the left side of my neck where Tyler kissed me.