Twenty-Waiting For A Girl Like You

Twenty

Waiting For a Girl Like You

Waiting for a girl like you by Foreigner played on the radio as I opened my eyes with Tyler's arms wrapped around me in the backseat of a station wagon. It's my station wagon...wait I don't have a car and then I realize I am in another vision.

"Thanks for picking me up tonight." I said to him as he rubbed my cheek like how he did to me in my room before he went into a random song tirade.

"It's no problem." He smiled down at me and I felt so mesmerized by his smile, his face. I could look at that face all day and never get tired. At this point I didn't know how much of her feelings were hers or mines because I (Anya) felt the exact same way.

The silence grew but it was a nice silence as we listened to the romantic song go into the instrumental break.

"So..."

"So..."

"I love this song." I replied nervously feeling the intensity between us growing ever stronger. We had yet to go pass third base and I was starting to feel more and more sure that we were ready to take it all the way home. I was just waiting for him to make the first move.

"Yeah, it never seems to get old." He retorted seeming to be somewhere else. I wondered if he felt the same way I felt.

Just as I was about to declare we take our relationship to the next level, he seemed to be about to say something at the same time.

"Tyler..."

"Annie..."

"You go."

"No, you go first."

"Okay well I just wanted to say that I don't believe the rumors and even if it is true, I don't care. Let's just be in the moment."

"Are you sure? Because I can't give you what a guy like Donovan can."

"I don't care about that. Do you really think I'm like that?"

"No, but you deserve someone who you can bring home to your parents."

"Tyler?"

"Yeah?"

"Just kiss me already."

He pulled me in for a kiss and this one felt way more passionate than the others. He kissed me as if it was going to be the last time. It seemed to deepen as the song got into the chorus.

Everything got blurry and my eyes opened. I was wrapped up in Tyler's arms on my bed. I don't know when I fell asleep in his arms, but this felt nice. No wonder I had another vision. I felt our connection was deepening which only meant that I would naturally start to have more and more visions of them. While this should have made me feel happy, I felt frustrated because I realized I didn't want to have anymore visions of them. I wanted my own memories with him and it saddened me because I knew that would never happen. I tried to hide my frustration by smiling as I turned over to him.

He was beaming down at me and I wondered if he had been watching me sleep the whole time.

"You sleep like an angel."

Okay so he confirmed it.

"So no snoring?"

"Occasionally but not enough to say it's disturbing. Mostly just mumbling."

I immediately cringed at the thought of him hearing me snore or make noises in my sleep.

"Oh how embarrassing."