chapter 23:Saad

Saad's pov: 

After a month,

Days were passing, and she was becoming a part of our house without  even realizing it, without even meaning it. She wasn't seeing how much dado looked forward to the time with her, or how peaceful Dad seemed when he saw her in the house. Even though the latter just pissed me off. 

I watched her as she sat on the sofa focusing on her nails, there was still some paint stuck in the cuticles from her earlier painting session. I sighed internally, not knowing why was I still putting up with her. I still wanted her out of the house, but I had stopped doing anything about it a long time ago. 

I saw the small flicker of her eyes and focused on my book, knowing very well that she would look up at me in the coming seconds. And she did just that, but found me looking at the book.

I focused back on her her as soon as she looked down at her hands. She had a war going inside me, sometimes, I just wanted to hurt her badly, just like her mother caused my mother pain, but sometimes..... I just wanted to protect her from herself and everything in the world...... I still wasn't able to just choose one path and follow it, my love for my mother and my long dead empathy which she called so strongly to, hadn't let me. 

The two hours completed, but I wanted to stop her, to focus on her some more..... Maybe in the hope for finally choosing one side.....

But I chose against it" You can go to your room" I told her and she got up ready to sleep. She was reserved, but it was nothing compared to the early days she had spent here. She was now a lot more relaxed around me. I have made her massage my head several times in the passed month, sometimes because I needed it and sometimes, because I just wanted her to. 

She got out of my room saying goodbye. She still said it even when I never return the greeting. I focused back on the book I had been reading, it was on the basic human behavior and instincts. I lost the time track reading that book, around 3 am I finally closed the book and fell asleep.

Next day, I woke up and followed my usual routine. When I went down for breakfast, I felt the slight change in her persona. She was reserved as usual, but...... there was also sadness surrounding her today. My eyes flickered to her arms in a second, I couldn't see any mark on her wrist , but I couldn't be sure. She was good with hiding it. 

I went to university before her, The whole day in university was more boring than usual, specially with my thoughts kept turning towards her every so often. 

Once our classes were done, I went to cafeteria with Arsh and Affan. There was still half an hour before she was going to be free. And then 15 additional minutes of her waiting. 

Arsh seemed happy as he got to spend the time swarmed with girls and other friends, who played football. I sometimes, also did. But it wasn't something which I was passionate about. 

The time passed slowly, I headed towards the parking lot taking my leave. Arsh couldn't just get up from the discussions he had started. I sat in my car, but didn't start it. I waited for her to leave the university before I did. It was something I started doing unconsciously, but now it had become a habit I just couldn't stop myself from doing. My eyes were on the car, she usually went home on with the driver. It was parked just outside the university. I watched as she sat in the car and the driver pulled away. I also started the car, ready to go home. But a frown appeared on my forehead, when a car kept moving closer and then at some distance from Mirha's car. My place wasn't near university, it took about half an hour to reach there. There was no way he was just going in the same direction. The windows of our all cars were tinted, they possibly couldn't see Mirha in it. 

I came beside that stranger's car just 2 cars behind Mirha's one, It was a middle aged man, he was on phone and his eyes were towards the building. I followed his gaze, it didn't take me a second to reach me phone......

---------------------

Uski ankhen jb pukarti hen mujhe

Hr trf uski pukaar sunti he mujhe
______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update.❤️