Chapter 27:Mirha

Saad's pov:

I informed dad about our decision. And they started making preparations right away. Dado called my paternal aunt to come right away, Dado also informed her about the things, she needed to bring. Dad called the servants instructing them to prepare food and do some other necessary things also. Nikkah was to be done around 7 pm. Everyone was in a rush, Dad was calling a few close relatives.

Mirha's pov:

Hira entered my room along with a lady. "Assalamu Alaikum! I am Saad's phupo(Aunt). I live in Rawalpindi. Ammi called me just a while ago and asked me to get some clothes for nikkah also. I couldn't do much" She said placing the shopping bags on the bed. 

I returned her greeting and gave a small smile. The clothes for the nikkah didn't matter much to me.

"Hira! get her ready quickly. Nikkah is to be done at sharp 7"she said and went outside, she definitely needed to take care of other things also.

Hira took out the dress, It was a cream coloured mid length frok with capri, it had light embellishment on it too. There were two dupattas also, one was a light one, matching the dress color and the other one was in Deep red color and heavy. 

Hira told me to take a quick shower, When I returned wearing the dress, she moved towards me, wanting to help with my hair. But I stopped her." I- I will do it. You just watch" I told her not wanting to make this awkward. She shrugged and sat down as I started combing my hair.

"Rehmt apa( Mr Ibraahim's elder sister) doesn't come here much, She has shifted to Pakistan just a few years ago after her husband's death. She has only two children.Her son, Altamash is already married and her daughter lives in Lahore due to her studies......"she was telling me a lot of things, but I tuned her out. I didn't know why she thought I would be interested in that aunt's history, when I couldn't see much of my future. 

I pinned my hair back and then applied the nude lip color I had. I placed the same colored dupatta on my one shoulder and I was done.

Hira looked at me intently as I turned towards her, I was getting nervous seeing her focus on me. 

"Aren't you going to apply other makeup products?" She asked me, I stayed quiet, I didn't have any other makeup product with me.I didn't go on outings and on Eids, Rabia Bi used to say, I looked good with lip color itself.....

"You are looking extremely pretty as it is, Its not like you need anything else"She smiled when I didn't say anything. 

There was a slight knock on the door, and I saw rabia bi enter the room. Fresh tears flooded my eyes seeing her there. "How are you, beta?" She asked with tears in her own eyes, but there was also a painful smile on her face. 

I just looked down, not knowing what I felt at that moment, everything was too messed up. "Everything is going to be fine. You will be safe here"She said holding my hand,I stiffened. Was being safe from them enough? Who was going to save me from him, from my own self in this marriage?........

---------------------

Saad's pov: 

I got dressed in a white shalwar kameez. As I came down, I looked around, even in the limited time, the living room was decorated beautifully, there were white roses everywhere, the table infront of the sofa we were going to sit on was filled with white rose petals. A servant had come to place some flowers in my room also, when I was getting ready. Arsh and Affan were standing with Altamash, they squinted their eyes as they saw me. I cursed myself. Dad must have invited them, I wasn't ready for them to find out yet. 

They came towards me, when I stood with no plan to go to them and get insulted. "Do you have any shame? You are getting married and you haven't even bothered inviting us!" Arsh wiped his unseen tears, being the dramatic man he was. 

"If you are here, you must also know that it was all decided very quickly. Nothing was planned "I said rolling my eyes. 

"Who is the girl? We couldn't ask uncle much as he is busy" Affan asked. 

"You will see" I said with a smirk and went to sit on the sofa as molvi sahab came. There weren't many people, after the nikkah was done, I saw her come downstairs with a red dupatta used as a veil. Half of her face was covered with it, I could only see her lips along with her dainty chin. I felt something different , something very strong when my eyes fell on her for the first time after nikkah. 

As she sat beside me, I felt the slight trembling in her body.....

-------------------

Mirha's pov: 

I had gone numb signing the papers, the emotions I were feeling  were too much to handle.After nikkah when elders placed a hand on my head, I was thankful for the heavy red dupatta on my head, I wasn't able to feel their touch.

Soon, I was taken down downstairs and the reality started sinking in. I was his wife now, his legally wedded wife. He had rights on me.... rights I wasn't willing to give to anyone.....

-------------------------------

kuch umeed he, kuch halaat pr bhrosa bhi

jitna bhi sitamgar ho, kat hi jaata he.......

----------------------------------

Salaam readers! heres the update❤️❤️