Chapter 43:Saad

Saad's pov:

I placed a hand on dad's shoulder. 

"Saad..... Her mother has faced a lot of pain in her life, just because of a single wrong decision. Don't do the same with Mirha..... She is like a daughter to me, and you hurting her is killing me inside..... I didn't make that orphan girl marry you for this. Hira just told me what you have been doing to her. She was coming downstairs, all baffled. When, I asked her, she blurted it out even though she was scared of you. She saw you pulling Mirha in your office angrily, while she was crying. Don't you even feel sympathy towards her?..." Dad was looking at me as if doubting me being a human and I just wanted to kill Hira at that point.

"Dad!!!! I wasn't hurting her. Yes! I have messed with her when she came here, but it had stopped a long time ago. I have married her, because I wanted to help her, there wasn't any ill intentions behind it. She has cut her hand, that's why I pulled her here."I explained and let out a breath, seeing dad finally losing that look, like he wanted to disown me right away.

"You telling me the truth?" He asked still giving me a shady look. This time, I couldn't stop the eye roll.

"You can ask her after dinner. Right now, I need to check on her, I have upset her enough by scolding her multiple times today"I informed him and it was the truth. On one side, I was feeling relieved, finally the burden of hate was lifted from my heart, On the other side, I was worried for her, I knew she must be spending time crying in her room after how I lost my temper on her.

Mirha's pov:

Hira was standing on the door, wanting to check if I was okay. But I didn't want to talk to anyone.

"I am fine, You can leave! I don't want to talk to anyone." I said and sat on the small sofa placed right beside the window.  I turned my back to her focusing outside as the night had started falling. My hand was hurting, but it was the pain in my heart not letting the tears stop. "How could he scold me like that" more tears fell from my eyes.

After sometime, I heard the sound of door closing. I knew that Saad had entered the room, but didn't bother turning towards him. I kept looking outside with blurry vision. When it became too much, I wiped my eyes with the back of my injured hand unintentionally, making it hurt. 

"Ah" pained gasp left my mouth as more tears filled my eyes. 

"Mirha! be careful. " Saad said checking on my hand, but I still didn't look at him, wanting to pull my hand free. 

"Butterfly, look at me" he said in a soft voice, but I didn't turn towards him, knowing that he would hypnotize me in a second if I looked at him.

"Hey..." he turned me towards him holding my both wrists and sat in front of me on his knees, so that we were on the same level.

"Angry with me?"his voice was a mere whisper, but the worry in it made me do the stupid thing. I looked in his eyes and the world there stopped me completely. I didn't want to see those gorgeous eyes sad.

"You scolded me so much...."I said through trembling lips. 

"I didn't want you to witness it. It would have just hurt you. That's why, I had to be strict at that moment. Forgive me." he said in a soft voice, his eyes had also gone soft, the grey getting lighter.

I nodded and threw my arms around his neck, rubbing my blotchy face against his shirt's neck. His scent was calming me, making me feel better.

"Mirha....." I heard his soft voice right beside my ear, making me shiver slightly. "Can I touch you? I want to hug you back." he whispered, making me go stiff in his arms.I had hugged him multiple times and only felt comfort in his arms.

"And he isn't going to hurt me.....I can't stop him from doing what I have done to him multiple times" thoughts ran through my head.

I nodded stiffly, closing my eyes tightly, waiting for his touch.

I felt his one hand in my hair first, massaging the back of my head slightly. A soft sigh left my mouth on his gentle touch. I felt my heart beat accelerating as his other arm wrapped around my waist, kicking in the first signs of a panic attack. But his soothing voice pulled me back to the reality," You are safe, Mirha. Its just me. You are safe" 

I let out a happy sigh against his neck as I felt my brain clearing with his arms still around me. "Good girl....My sweet girl....." his sweet praises along with his soft touch made me relax more. I kept my eyes closed, just feeling it. His hands were moving in a soothing motion, warming me, lulling me into a blissful space.

I didn't know, for how long it continued, but the sound of his cell ringing, pulled me back to reality. I moved back, feeling my eyes heavy, I just wanted to sleep at that moment in the warm cocoon he had surrounded me in.

---------------------------------

Insaan whi, pyaar whi
Sawal whi, khyal whi
Munfrdiat k naam pr tajzia to bdl skty hen
Kahanian nhi, muhbt me zawal nhi....

_____________
Salaam readers! Heres the update.

What do you think about their bonding time?🌚❤️