Chapter 32:Mirha

Mirha's pov:

When I didn't say anything, he spoke again, making me look at him" The easiest answer would be that I like you." He said with a frown, as if he didn't know the real answers himself. Was he playing with me? I thought to myself.

"I am not ready for this relation, I didn't want to get married" I blurted out, and he raised his eyes, as if asking what's new you telling me....

"I won't force you for it. How about we become friends?" He said out of nowhere. He was giving me a whiplash with his weirdest behavior. He was looking at me expectantly. I started looking everywhere, but at him to decide what should I do? There was nothing bad in friendship with him, I already had to spend time with him. "Maybe, it would be easier to be around him" I thought looking at him. 

"Okay" I agreed.

"Shake my hand then. Its important to shake hands after becoming friends" I frowned hearing his words. He knew my condition, then why was he behaving like this. I looked down at my fisted hands. " Is he making fun of me?..." thoughts like these started clogging my brain.

"Mirha, look at me" Saad made me look at him, I didn't see any humor or mischief in his eyes. they looked clear and calm.

"What's the problem ?" He asked me, and his question made my heart constrict a bit more "You know......"I said blinking rapidly to stop my eyes from watering.

"Yes, I know. And I also know that you massage my head, you hugged me on the road without having any physical repulsion" Saad stated facts, making me cheeks heat up. It was true that I had hugged him and at that moment I felt safe, I wasn't scared of him....

"Mirha, see it would be just like you touch my forehead. Now, only it would be my hand. Nothing is going to be different" he said keeping his eyes on mine. "your head can't hurt me like your hands can" I didn't voice my thoughts.

"I would never hurt you....."he extended his hand with palms up as if asking for my trust. There was something in his eyes, something soul pulling something true that made me raise my hand reluctantly. I felt nervous about touching him, what if I felt repulsed as I usually did on someone's touch.

Tears slipped through my eyes as soon as our skins touched. A shiver ran through me as he kept his palm open, just letting me feel the heat of his hand radiate into my cold one. My instincts were telling me to pull away, to not allow myself this closeness, but I stayed still, willing myself to trust him...trust him like I hadn't anyone before. Was it because he gave me his words, the words he always seemed to keep or was it just me crumbling with time, breaking?....

I didn't know and I didn't want to find that answer, at that moment, I just wanted to feel what was happening, the warmth. 

----------------------

Saad's pov:

Tonight, I realized something, she lost herself in my eyes, The walls she always seemed to keep around herself, they crumbled when she looked in my eyes. Tonight ,I got the proof of it. I didn't know how to feel about it. The grey eyes which I never seemed to bother about even when people kept calling them beautiful, the ones I never felt something special about. Tonight, I was thankful for having them. 

She was weeping and I let her. I could feel her emotional outburst.

"hold my hand, sweetheart" I said keeping my voice calm, not wanting to startle her. She moved her eyes from our hands to my eyes. 

She did it and after a small squeeze, she pulled back, as if coming out of her haze. A small smile came to my lips. 

"Finally, I have a friend, except for those idiot twins" I  said trying to lighten the atmosphere. And it worked, she gave me a smile and wiped her cheeks. 

"Okay, now sleep. I will show you around tomorrow morning. "I said and got out of the room. I wasn't planning to sleep anywhere else, but after all what happened, she needed some time to herself. A smile came to my lips thinking about how she co-operated.

I laid on the sofa in the living room, and closed my eyes with a sigh. I would have to return to the room before Khanum come to make breakfast. 

Mirha's pov:

I went back to bed and pulled the cover till my chin. The hand which I had placed on his was still tingling. But not in a bad way, I didn't feel the urge to scratch it or wash it. My own reaction to him was confusing me and scaring me a bit too.

I fell asleep soon. The next morning, I woke up with the sound of shower running in the bathroom. I sat up and rubbed my face. My eyes went to the window or more like the view it had. The clouds seemed to be just in reach, a smile came on my face seeing the beautiful scenery. 

I turned with the voice of door opening. Saad was standing there with a towel in his hand, rubbing his head. I felt heat rising to my cheeks, when he stopped seeing me standing there. 

"Good, you are awake. Khanum is preparing breakfast. We will go out after that, get ready" he said and then headed toward the dressing present in the room. I headed towards the bathroom with my clothes in my hand. I chose a black hoodie with black jeans for the day. We had breakfast and then I helped khanum take the things back to kitchen. She was a sweet talkative lady. She told me about where she belonged to, about her son, who was studying in Lahore. 

"Boht laik he, ( he is smart) He has been studying on scholarships from his college life" She told me and I nodded with a smile. Khanum seemed extremely proud of her son and she should be. 

"Let's go" Saad said from the kitchen door, placing his phone in his pocket. His facial expressions were hard, I frowned not understanding what happened to him.

I headed towards him" Don't prepare lunch for us, we will be eating outside" Saad said and turned towards the door. Deep down, I was excited about roaming around after seeing the glimpse last night and the view from the window this morning. 

I hadn't visited Murree before, In fact, none other city except Lahore( where I spent 1st sever years of my life), Chakwal( where I lived with my grandfather) and Islamabad now. I didn't remember even if I visited some other cities during my early childhood.

"Its beautiful" I said involuntarily just after 10 minutes of looking at the natural beauty of Murree.

"First time?" Saad asked looking at me.

"Yes!" I felt my cheeks heating up, didn't matter how many times I told myself it was okay. If I hadn't seen much in my life.

"Have you seen any other northern area?" he asked me, thankfully, there wasn't any judgement on his face. For that, there was nothing I could read.

"No, I have just seen a few cities of Punjab" I told him and then turned my head towards the window. I didn't want to continue this conversation. The view was a lot more enjoyable.

---------------------------

Salaam readers! heres the update