Chapter 10

After another 10 minutes you still sat around on the bench together.

"So, about earlier, are you really scared of me?" You asked, with genuine curiosity.

"Ugh, you don't give up do you. You're not that special, I'm not scared of you, who do you think I am!" She said defensively.

"Oh.. Sorry for asking.." You mumbled, returning to silence.

She paused before she spoke again.

"Sorry, that was.. rude. I.. I really don't know. I guess?" She said in a more calm and sorrow tone.

For some reason with made your heart sink.

"I would never hurt you." You explained.

"Oh! Heavens no, of course you wouldn't, I'm not frightened by you in that way." She said with wide eyes.

"Thank goodness." You huffed in relief.

"It's just.. I fear living in your shadow forever. I don't always want to come second, to be the first loser. My family expect so much from me, I'm afraid I can't fill their shoes.. It's just all so much.." She sighed, her voice breaking gently.

Her voice filled with sorrow broke your heart even more. Without hesitation you brought her into a warm embrace.

"I'm sorry." You said softly into the embrace.

After a few sweet moments you pulled away. You looked her in the eyes and put laid a gentle hand on her cheek.

"You'll never be in my shadow, yes I may have one of the highest grades in the school but you are so much better in many ways. You need to see your self worth, you mean so much to so many people and you're a great hero. You are so much better than me you just don't see it." You explained in a soft tone.

She put her hand over yours as it rested on her face.

"You're so good with your words Y/l." She caresses your hand with her thumb.

Your face began to heat up slightly. She leaned in and kissed your cheek before getting up.

"Let's get back, shall we?" She held her hand out.

After being dumbfounded for a few moments you took her hand. You walked back to her limousine, entering like you had earlier.

"All of a sudden I'm even more hungry than before." You complained, sliding down the seat partially.

Yaoyorozu rolled her eyes slightly. "Don't die in here, we wouldn't want to pay the expenses of getting your body taken out of this car to some morgue. It's not cheap." She said in an unfazed tone.

"Uh.." You said, taken back by her gruesomeness. You looked at her with concern. She looked back at you with the same unfazed expression until a smile formed on her face.

"I'm just kidding. Here, we usually keep snacks in here, or at least I hope we do." She said leaning over and opening a compartment close to her seat.

It rolled out into a small mini fridge. You looked at it in awe.

"Hell, now I really need a limousine." You thought to yourself.

"Here, do you like these?"  She held out what happened to be your favourite snack.

You took it and nodded, almost immediately stuffing it in your mouth.

"Thank you so much." You said wholeheartedly, you had 100 problems and that snack just solved 101 of them.

The rest of the way back to the dorms was nice, you and Yaoyorozu talked the rest of the way. It felt nice to actually talk about things other than work and school. It felt normal to talk like friends.