Chapter 32

Yaoyorozu's shaky words struck you like lightning. Your sudden concern burned into a fire of rage, automatically assuming her parents did something to set her off. With our knowing your hand gripped harder against your phone, while your other balled into a fist, digging your nails into your palms slightly. With a deep breath to cool the wrath within you then spoke softly.

"What happened? Did your parents do something? If so, I swear.." Your last sentence came off more protective than anticipated.

"Clever girl.. But yes, they don't seem to understand that they can be total control freaks. I told them that I'd be bringing a date and they got all fussy because now they had to cancel some set up with some boy I don't even know. I don't want to be married off." Her last statement made you and her slightly gag.

"Over my dead body will they ever marry you off." You said in a slightly playful tone, trying to wash away the somber one.

You earned a small chuckle from the girl over the phone.

"You're strong, okay? No matter what they say or do, you will always be better than them. Don't let them break you down with their sad fragile egos." You said truthfully.

A moment passed before the girl spoke again. "Thank you dear, you always know what to say.." You could hear the smile in her voice.

"Because I always tell the truth. Now.." You paused to look at the time.

"Can you survive 3 more hours? Then you can come pick me up, like you insisted, and I can be there with you. Then it won't matter about your parents, it'll just be me and you." A flicker of excitement filled you, you felt like a child on Christmas.

"I like the sound of that. I think I put up with them for a bit longer. Thank you again Y/n."

"Of course! Now get your cute self out there and show your parents who's boss and isn't meant to be pushed around." You encouraged, hoping to pick up her low spirit.

"I'll try.."

"Hey, you're strong, stop forgetting that. Now you heard what I said, and I promise when we get there together it'll be so much better."

"Promise?" Yaoyorozu said eagerly, maybe it was her ego asking desperately, as it was slowly being shattered by her own parents.

"Promise."

"Good bye, dear."

"I'll see you soon." With that, she hung up.

You believed in Yaoyorozu that she could stand up to her parents, but there was still a small bit of anxiety that nagged at you like an annoying animal.

'Speaking of annoying animals..' You thought before looking back at your group of friends.

"Bakugo was right, we are a zoo." You chuckled as you walked back up with them again.

"There you are! Thought you got kidnapped. Damn would I feel back for the napper." Mina said, eating the food you had told her to hold for you. She gave you a stupid grin, whilst having food in her mouth.

"Close your mouth." You deadpanned.

Her smile fell to a dramatic frown.

"I ate your food." She nagged.

"Thank you captain obvious, I am very aware." You gestured to the food on her face.

"Oh.." She shut up, trying to wipe it away. You giggled at her.

"What took you so long?" Sero questioned, sitting on the top of a bench.

"Oh, Yaoyorozu called. All is good though, just a slight mishap." You gave him a small smile at the end, lightening the mood of your explanation.

He nodded.

"Alright extras, who wants to take me on when we get back to school!" Bakugo screeched.

"Dude, stop yelling.. You sound like a mental patient right now.." Denki said and gestured to the people who looked over his way.

"What did you say to me?!"

You sighed and rubbed your temple. "Grow a brain you two."

"You wanna fight!?"

"Hey.." Denki exclaimed with a pout.

"Before you all start to brawl or Y/n knocks us all out with her toxins, we should get back." Mina suggested, standing on the bench to grab the most attention. She moved her as if she was a baby bird trying to fly.

You chuckled at her flailing."Don't tempt me."

"Fine." Bakugo said and rolled his eyes. He stuffed his hands in his pockets angrily and began to walk away.

"Wait up!" Kirishima said and ran after him.

That was the rest of the group's cue to leave as well. You all began to walk back to UA.

"We should watch a movie when we get back." Mina suggested.

"Yeah totally, I still have some time left anyways." You agreed with a nod.

"Duh, we're in too." Sero said, pushing Denki next to him.

"I'm guessing the other two will as well? I mean Kirishima probably will, so Bakugo usually stays with him." Mina said, not fully sure.

"We'll just have to see when we get there." You shrugged.

It was a nice walk back to the dorms, the weather was nice. There was a kind mix of cold air with warm sun. Upon arriving back at the dormitory, you sat down in the living room of the building.

"So, what movie are we going to watch?" You asked with curiosity.

"We're watching a movie now? Tch.." Bakugo said and stood up to walk out.

He was stopped by Kirishima, grabbing his arm and pulling him back down.

"Wha-?! You wanna fight shitty hair!?" He flailed like an angry animal.

"Chill dude, we're going to watch a movie. Just.. cooperate and then maybe you'll actually enjoy it." Kirishima said to the now explosive boy.

He grumbled in response, not arguing back, instead glaring at the floor he sat on while muttering angered words quietly.

"Okay now that Bakugo is defused, who wants to pick the movie?" Mina asked, turning the rather large tv on.

"I will." You shrugged.

"Alrighty then." Mina tossed you the remote.

Not really knowing what to put on, you decided on just putting on your favourite movie. It was the safest choice.

It felt nice to watch a movie all together, since you were always neck deep in homework you buried yourself in. Maybe you should do this more often? You smiled to yourself slightly in the comfort of your friends.