Chapter 55

Song Yan was speechless for a while when he was asked and then he thought, until now, his thoughts are clearly seen by Xia Lin and he can't cover it so it's better to just break the jar.

He leaned towards Xia Lin and said in a low voice: "If you want to know the strategy, how about following me to experience it in person?" 

Xia Lin choked. 

He originally only wanted to tease Song Yan but he underestimated the thickness of Song Yan's face.

At the moment, he stretched out his hand to resist the gradually approaching other party and said in a bad mood: "Get up. I'm not interested in playing with you." 

"Xia Lin, what are you afraid of?" Song Yan didn't move, his eyes were firmly locked on Xia Lin's lips and there was a certain fascination in his voice.

It seemed that at the next moment, they were about to kiss. 

However, Xia Lin's cell phone rang suddenly and the caller ID showed Ke Mei's name. The pleasant relief made Xia Lin feel an unprecedented affinity for Ke Mei. 

He immediately pressed the answer button and said: "Teacher Ke, what's the matter?"

"Don't call me teacher again." Ke Mei complained, pretending to be angry. 

Xia Lin smiled and changed his words: "Okay, Ke Mei." 

The sound "Ke Mei" was a bit crispy and it immediately aroused Song Yan's alertness. He leaned over to hear what was being said on the phone but Xia Lin stepped up and avoided it.

After a while, Xia Lin hung up the phone and said to Song Yan: "I'm sorry. I wanted to invite you to lunch but my instructor temporarily arranged a very important surgery. I told him that I wanted to observe it in the past. Shall I invite you to dinner another day?"

Song Yan's face was a little unpleasant and he asked, "This instructor that you are talking about is the one who sent you back last night? Are you really just in a teacher-student relationship with him? Then why are you whispering so close in the car?"

Xia Lin looked a little unhappy: "Song Yan, are you questioning me now?" 

Song Yan was startled and hurriedly defended: "No." 

"I explained to you my relationship with him because I respect you. But if you don't trust me, it doesn't matter. Just treat it as I'm lying to you!"

Xia Lin turned around and left. 

Song Yan hurried to catch up and said: "Xia Lin, you misunderstood. I didn't distrust you. I just... Okay, I admit that I am a little jealous, but don't be angry. If you're in a hurry, let me drive you."

"No need. The affiliated hospital is not far from this place. It's only a few steps away. You can go back!" 

"Xia Lin." Song Yan still wanted to say something but Xia Lin didn't have the patience to talk nonsense with him and walked away in a hurry without looking back.

This patient of Ke Mei actually knew Xia Lin too. 

On the first day, when Xia Lin entered the neurosurgery internship, he saw his case-an advanced intracranial tumor, which was very similar to his condition in his previous life.

It's just that this patient obeyed the family's arrangement and decided to treat him conservatively for a period of time. This is not because they have much confidence in conservative treatment but because they made a helpless choice after being told that the risk of surgical resection was too high.

But now, this patient has offered to do surgery presumably because he can't bear the double torment of the body and mind caused by conservative treatment day after day so he decided to bet on his life to fight for his future and live.

When Xia Lin rushed to the hospital, Ke Mei had changed clothes and was ready to enter the operating room. 

Xia Lin only had time to ask: "What is the success rate?" 

"Thirty percent." Ke Mei sighed, turned, and walked in.

Several family members of the patient stayed in the operating room. All of them were silent. They had already signed the letter from the family members and knew very well what kind of risks they were about to face. 

Xia Lin walked into another operation observation room. Two trainees from the same period were already waiting in it. Seeing Xia Lin coming in, the three greeted each other and exchanged a few words about the technical problems of this operation. Then he stared at the screen intently.

What is displayed on the screen is a live recording of Ke Mei's operating room.

At this time, several people had made sufficient preparations for the operation. 

Ke Mei stood in the position of the chief surgeon fully armed. Most of his face was covered by the mask and there was no expression. The only exposed pair of eyes looked quiet and solemn.

He stretched out his palm and caught a scalpel handed by the nurse beside him.