Chapter 132 (Part 1): End of Volume 1

(I was wrong. Chapter 132 is longer than I expected 😭 I divided it into 5 parts. All five parts will be uploaded within the day.)

On the lawn downstairs in the inpatient department of the hospital, Song Yan was wearing a hospital gown, playing a game of frisbee with a five or six-year-old patient in a childlike manner.

Because the muscles from the strained left leg had not yet fully recovered, he could only limp and run after the frisbee with a cane, looking a little funny.

Not far away, Xia Lin looked at Song Yan from a distance and listened to what Ke Mei said.  He's surprised and lost in thought.

At this moment, Song Yan turned around and waved at him, saying loudly, "Xia Lin, don't always stand in the shade of the trees. Come out occasionally to bask in the sun and exercise."

Xia Lin absently waved his hand to him, motioning him to play so Song Yan continued to chase the frisbee with the little patient. 

"Thank you for telling me this," Xia Lin said in a low voice, "But why did you choose to tell me?"

Ke Mei shrugged: "To be honest, Song Yan's heart is not bad but he is more emotional. Your personality can complement him. If you hold him on the side, we are more assured."

Xia Lin said: "Are you not afraid that I will encourage Song Yan to do things that I shouldn't do for my own benefit?" 

Ke Mei looked at him in silence for a moment then smiled: "You are not bad. I believe that kind people have their own bottom line."

Xia Lin thought for a while but didn't refute. The two quietly watched Song Yan play with the little boy from the back. 

After a while, Xia Lin asked, "Song Yan. . .will he live a long life?"

"More than a hundred years old. After being recognized as the Lord, he will coexist with Zero Realm." 

Xia Lin's eyes became distant: "And I will slowly grow old, won't I?" 

When Song Yan returned to Xia Lin's side, Ke Mei had already left.

Song Yan picked up the mineral water bottle, took a few big mouthfuls, and asked, "What were you talking about? His expression is so serious." 

"Talking about your good luck."

Xia Lin said only half of the truth.

Song Yan thought he was talking about his legs so he laughed: "Speaking of this, I still feel like I'm dreaming. I don't dare to sleep at night. I am afraid that when I wake up, I will be back to my original shape."

Xia Lin couldn't help laughing. Song Yan looked at Xia Lin's smile and suddenly became confused.

When he was young, Xia Lin was always happy when he was by his side but at that time, Song Yan didn't know how to cherish him; now he can't get tired of how he looks at him.

"Let's go back," Xia Lin said, "You have been running wildly outside for a long time today. You'd be scolded by the doctor again if you run further." 

Song Yan was obediently supported by Xia Lin and walked back while muttering: "I feel that my legs are almost healed."

"Behave better these two days. I'll go through the discharge procedures for you." 

"Really? After we leave the hospital, will you still live with me?"

"My dad already knows about the two of us," Xia Lin said lightly, "If I go back now, my dad will beat me up."

Song Yan couldn't wait to say: "Then live with me. We can't live in Jinfang Villa anymore. Fortunately, I bought a house in another community a few years ago. We can move in after a little cleaning."

"Okay."

Seeing Xia Lin promise so readily, Song Yan was so happy that his heart was shaking.

"Speaking of which, since your father already knows, my family probably knows it too. Let's pick a lucky day and go meet with the family together to make things clear, okay?"

"You still have to pick a lucky day when you come out?" 

"Of course I have to find a good day for such a big thing. It was probably because I didn't choose a good day in my previous life that my dad beat me up very miserably..."

Song Yan suddenly stopped. In their previous life, he came out of the closet for Yu Luotong while Xia Lin came out for him. After careful calculation, he owed Xia Lin more than he thought.

Xia Lin didn't seem to notice Song Yan's embarrassment and continued on the topic as usual. 

"Don't worry about coming out of the closet. Just now, Ke Mei came to me and mentioned my medical treatment. Let's talk about it when I get cured."

"Okay." 

When Song Yan mentioned the matter, his heart became heavy. "Although I don't know Song Huaixin's abilities very well, with Ke Mei as a guarantee, I believe he can heal you." 

Song Yan added, "Don't worry, I will always be with you."

After hearing this, Xia Lin repeated: "Always?" 

"Yes!" 

"What if I die?"

"How can you die? We have to believe in their abilities." 

Xia Lin glanced at Song Yan with a smile.

"I didn't mean this. Even if I didn't die of illness, there would always be a day that my life will end. Then, how would you stay with me?"

Song Yan was stunned for a while before he answered: "I'm not sure which one of us will die first but if you die first, I will choose the spot next to you so even if we're both under the ground, I can continue to keep you company."

"What if you never die?" Xia Lin paused with a stern face, pointed to Song Yan, and warned, "You can't do stupid things like in your previous life, understand?" 

Song Yan held Xia Lin's hand and smiled: "If it's as you said that I will never die, I'll wait until you are reincarnated before finding you."

Xia Lin raised his eyebrows.

"Are you sure you can find me?" 

"I should..." Song Yan said unsure, "but I'm afraid that you will think I'm too old and won't want me anymore."

Xia Lin smiled and gently took Song Yan's arm.

"You have to remember what you said."