Chapter 66

Song Yan drove fast on the highway. 

Xia Lin was sitting in the passenger seat with his head tilted towards the glass window, his eyes closed as if he was asleep.

But Song Yan knew that he was not asleep. He just didn't want to talk to him. 

The atmosphere inside the car is tepid and the silence is suffocating. Two hours ago, Song Yan finally compromised and left his bachelor apartment with Xia Lin.

Xia Lin originally insisted on taking the train back by himself but his physical condition was not really good and his legs became too weak after walking a few steps. 

In the end, Song Yan forcibly carried him into the car. Xia Lin actually didn't want to stay with Song Yan but his body didn't listen to his orders and now sitting in the same car with Song Yan is also an unbearable humiliation to him.

But thinking that riding in Song Yan's car is more realistic than squeezing the car by himself, he can only force himself to swallow the humiliation. 

Song Yan was driving while silently paying attention to Xia Lin's situation.

He found that Xia Lin curled up his body from time to time, frowning his eyebrows and pale lips as if he was trying his best to endure some pain so he gently held his hand and asked, "Where is it uncomfortable? Do you need me to. . ." 

"Drive your car." Xia Lin slapped his hand away.

Song Yan hesitated for a moment and continued: "If you feel uncomfortable, I'd better take you to the hospital. Before, I really couldn't control myself but now that you feel so uncomfortable, I feel uncomfortable..." 

Xia Lin still closed his eyes and didn't bother to care about him.

Song Yan was silent for a while then said, "Or, I'll go to the police station and surrender. You can sue me, whatever you want, as long as you feel comfortable in your heart." 

Xia Lin finally couldn't help but open his eyes and stare at him: "Did your head get kicked by a donkey? You are shameless!"

Song Yan was scolded with a grievance: "I just want to make you feel better, Xia Lin. You can beat and scold me but don't ignore me..." 

"Song Yan, if you really want to make me feel comfortable, you can stop forcing your way into my life, okay?"

Song Yan pursed his lips and said in a low voice, "This is the only option, there's no other way." 

Xia Lin sighed and gave up communicating with him.

Song Yan said again: "Xia Lin, I know that you don't believe me now. I did a lot of sorry things in my last life and the last thing I regretted was that I beat you without listening to your explanation. I can't wait to chop off my hands. I thought that after I found you, I can coax you back in a low voice. You can make up for it anyway. But you didn't give me this opportunity. You went too fast. My whole life collapsed..."

When he said this, his voice was a little choked so he turned his face and silently forced his tears back.

After adjusting his emotions, he continued: "I didn't know what to do at that time. When all my thoughts were lost, I could only make a wish to heaven. If I can do it again, I will treat you well and give you all that I owe you... I didn't expect that my wish would come true. But maybe God also felt that I needed to be punished so I was late for more than four years which made me taste bitter love. But even so, I am already content. As long as you are okay, no amount of punishment will matter but one thing is that I can't let you go anymore. You are mine. You can only be mine in your previous life or in this life."

Xia Lin slowly cast his gaze on Song Yan, silently staring at his silhouette for a long time.

If Song Yan who raped him before is still in a state of confusion and excitement, then this Song Yan now is more like mixing the two generations of Song Yan together and gradually becomes calm and rational in speaking and acting more orderly.

After a long silence, he slowly said, "Song Yan, you are a person with a deep obsession. You and Yu Luotong failed to achieve a positive result in the last life. His death has always been a thorn in your heart. No matter what efforts I exerted, there is no way to enter your heart. And now, maybe you have turned my death into a thorn in your heart so you are determined to make up for me no matter what. But have you really thought about it? Holding on to me persistently, is it because of love or obsession?"

Song Yan didn't know how to answer for a while, Love and obsession were the same things in his opinion. 

He used to love Yu Luotong so he was attached to Luotong, but now he loves Xia Lin so he is attached to Xia Lin.

But Xia Lin said that persistence does not equal love. 

In the end, none of them was able to convince anyone. But after this heartbreaking remark, Xia Lin's tight guard became loose and a huge sense of exhaustion swept over him. He soon fell asleep.

He doesn't know how long it took. Xia Lin was awakened by a gust of warm wind. He was in a daze before remembering that he was still in Song Yan's car. 

"Did I wake you up?" Song Yan said cautiously, "I just want to open the window to let the breeze in. If you feel uncomfortable, I will close it again."

"Leave it open." Xia Lin moved his stiff body and after his sleep, he felt a lot more energetic and the discomfort in his body before was relieved a lot. 

"Where are we now?" Xia Lin asked. 

"We're getting off the highway," Song Yan said, "in twenty minutes, we will be at City B."

Xia Lin checked the time. It was already six o'clock in the evening. At this time, the phone rang and the caller ID was Yu Luotong.

Xia Lin was stunned. Yu Luotong had called him for the first time since asking him for his mobile phone number, not to mention he was in such a sensitive period. 

Xia Lin looked at the phone, hesitating to answer it.

Song Yan looked at him strangely without answering his mobile phone for a long time. Xia Lin subconsciously obscured the phone interface and did not let Song Yan see the words "Yu Luotong".

He thought for a moment but still pressed the answer button. 

"Hey, Xia Lin?" Yu Luotong's voice came from the other end of the phone, sounding in a good mood, "Did you eat dinner?"

"No..." Xia Lin had not yet eased from his depression and didn't even want to say a word. 

"That's great," Yu Luotong said happily, "I'll invite you to dinner... No, I'll invite David too. It's in the 『丽人舍 = Beauty House』 near the school."

"Why are you suddenly..."

"It's not sudden. Didn't I tell you that I would leave when I get my diploma? I got it today. Our college is earlier than other colleges. David and I have booked our tickets. Inviting you to dinner tonight is a farewell."

Xia Lin subconsciously glanced at Song Yan. Song Yan couldn't understand what he was talking about on the phone so he glanced back inexplicably. 

Xia Lin pondered for a moment, a wicked thought suddenly rose in his heart, and asked, "Can I bring one more friend?"

Yu Luotong was stunned for a moment and then said: "Okay, no problem. You can bring a few. I'll go book the room. You come quickly." 

Xia Lin hung up the phone and turned to look at Song Yan. Song Yan still had an unclear expression. 

"My friend invited me over to have dinner. You can come too. You can go back after eating." Xia Lin said blankly.

Song Yan was overjoyed at once: "Okay!" 

There was no smile on Xia Lin's face. He turned his head and looked out the car window, his expression a little gloomy.

He's bringing Song Yan over for Yu Luotong. 

It was really unkind but he just couldn't help it and wanted to make Song Yan unhappy.