7. An accidental meeting...

Zhan smiled and thanked the lady for her help. He had been walking aimlessly around the mall for an hour when his eyes landed on the little antique shop in the corner and he thought he should check it out. With the wrapped vase in his hand he left the store and Yubin gave him an approving nod. Xuan Lu loved making flower arrangements when she was free at home. She had once told Zhan that she loved it and it soothed her. She even had a flower shop to her name and in her free time she was often seeing putting together a bunch of flowers genuinely enjoying it. Zhan had found her a beautiful vase with an intricate silver pattern on it and Zhan knew his sister would like it. Her complicated pregnancy didn't allow her to do much but she would enjoy this. He had found an adorable pair of shoes for his nephew and had a pendant made for him in shape of a howling wolf. Zhan wanted to gift them something meaningful because everyone knew Xuan Lu wasn't a fan of extravagant gestures. She was a simple woman but ironically was mated to Cao Yuchen who was the definition of extravagant. It was a wonder how that man had managed to sweep his sister off her feet because Zhan couldn't see anything extraordinary in him. He loaded the gifts in his car and sent off a text to Yubin telling him he was going to get a coffee. Yubin had wanted to buy a few things as well and they had parted ways. Zhan walked into the little cafe and ordered two coffees and a few cookies. Bringing the steaming cup of coffee to his lips,he took a small sip and smiled imagining his sister's reaction to his present. Zhan could almost guess what everyone would buy her. He was lost in his thoughts but a familiar voice broke him out of his trance.

"Zhan-Zhan?",came the soft voice and Zhan stiffened in his seat. He turned around and saw the man he had once cared about more than anyone else. "Chuyue",he whispered and immediately stood up from his seat. He gathered his things and walked away, wanting nothing to do with the man. He heard the hurried footsteps behind him but all Zhan could think of was getting into the car and getting the hell out of the place. He all but ran to his car but before he could unlock his car a hand took hold of his, blocking his movements. "Chuyue,let me go", he spoke through clenched teeth but the man didn't budge pulling him closer instead. The familiar scent of fresh spring rain filled Zhan's lungs but unlike before he felt suffocated by the scent now. It wasn't appealing anymore like that rich woody, spicy scent that belonged to a certain Alpha. Zhan took a long breath and willed himself to calm down. Why was he thinking of Wang Yibo? Zhan shook his head trying to get Yibo out if his head but it was Chuyue who brought him out of that zone. "Zhan-Zhan,don't push me away. I love you. I am really sorry please,just come back to me". The despondent tone had no effect on Zhan. This was the man who had used him for his own gain and disregarded all the care and adoration Zhan had for him. Zhan shifted in the man's arms and his eyes met with the teary ones of Chuyue. Chuyue had always had the most expressive eyes but Zhan had never once seen such despair in them before. They were always bright,carefree and filled with mischief, Zhan had never seen sadness in them. Despite of the heavy emotions on display, Zhan couldn't bring himself to care."What are you sorry for,Chuyue?",he stared hard at the man but the coward just lowered his head. Zhan hadn't ever confronted Chuyue because he felt there was no reason to. The man had never cared for Zhan anyways so Zhan didn't see why he should throw a fit and create a scene. "Chuyue, I will say this for the last time. Let me go. You made your choice and I saw what kind of a man you really are. You are a sick bastard and I don't want anything to do with you", the anger lacing his words surprised Zhan as well. He thought he had let go of the matter but it clearly still bothered him. " Zhan, please.", begged Chuyue and Zhan couldn't control his anger anymore.

"Take you back so that you can sell me off to your friends again? Get lost, Chuyue. Get out of here before I kill you like I killed them.You saved Zhuocheng once so I am letting you off the hook. Don't make me change my mind." Zhan growled at the end and pushed Chuyue away only to be embraced by the man again. "No,Zhan-Zhan. We can sort this out. You can do whatever you want with me but please, just come back", the pleadings fell on deaf ears as Zhan struggled harder in those arms trying to free himself. The man buried his face in Zhan's neck causing Zhan to stiffen. Zhan tried his best to not rip the jerk's head off but Chuyue pulled away suddenly gazing at him questioningly. "Why? I can't....Your scent?", spluttered Chuyue and Zhan ignored the words. "You and me are over,Chuyue. Just let me go ok?." Zhan didn't wait for a response and turned to unlock his car but all air whooshed out of his lungs when Chuyue slammed him into the car. Peng Chuyue was as tall as him but that lean body packed great strength. Zhan could hear the man breathing heavily beside his ear and Zhan realised that force wasn't going to get him anywhere with Chuyue. He hoped Yubin came before things got ugly. Feeling Zhan relax,Chuyue's arms got braver and he curled his arms around Zhan's waist. "I won't leave you now, Zhan. You can't get rid of me. You cared before , I will make you fall in love with me again. I will do whatever you want,just-",the words were suddenly cut off and the pressure eased on Zhan's body. He turned around to see a broad back and a strong hand clutching Chuyue's throat. It didn't take long for Zhan to recognise the man. Why? Why him out of all the people in the world? He saw Chuyue gasp in the Alpha's grip and even though he didn't like Chuyue, he didn't want to complicate things.

"lWang Yibo,he can't breathe. Let him go", he said softly. Dark eyes met his and Zhan cursed Yubin internally. If not for Yubin, Zhan wouldn't have been here today and he wouldn't have to deal with this altercation. First, Chuyue with his unwanted attention and now, Yibo with the inconvenient attraction. This wasn't Zhan's day for sure and Zhan didn't have the patience to deal with this either. "Leave him", Zhan tried again and this time, Wang Yibo listened. With a hard shove, he sent Chuyue crashing to the ground and even after seeing the man gasping and coughing, Zhan couldn't bring himself to be bothered. He saw Chuyue get up on his feet, his eyes flaring with anger. "Is it him? You aren't coming back to me because of this man?", questioned Chuyue and Zhan wanted to beat the shit out of the dumb creature. Before he could say anything, a warm hand looped around his lower back and Zhan was pulled into a warm body. "Yes",came Wang Yibo's deep voice and Zhan's mouth hung open. "Zhan is mine." Zhan couldn't stop his body from reacting at those words. His heart started to pound,his pupils dilated and he felt his ballsack get heavy. That deep voice and the authoritative tone was enough to turn him on and for a second he couldn't respond. Wang Yibo looked at him smugly challenging him to deny the words but Zhan stood stupefied neither agreeing not denying the words. Zhan looked at Chuyue who was glaring at them, a hardened look in his eyes. "If you think this will stop me from having you,you are wrong Zhan-Zhan. I will take you away from him." Zhan wanted to laugh at the absurd words. The guy surely had a few loose screws,didn't he? "Chuyue",he began only to get cut off by Wang Yibo's sharp voice. " The reason you are breathing is because Zhan asked me to let you go.You need to leave and never come near Zhan again." The warm hand around Zhan fell away as Wang Yibo took a threatening step in Chuyue's direction. "You won't be taking him away from me. He is mine and if you think you can challenge me I promise you, Peng Chuyue. Death won't come easy to you." Xiao Zhan's hair stood at the cold,menacing voice and the way Chuyue walked away after hearing those words, they had worked on him too. Zhan sighed out loud and turned to unlock his car for the third time that day but was stopped, yet again.