27|Mauvais

Mauvais:(adj.) Bad; wicked

The drive here was pretty calm compared to my unsettling nerves

We all step out of the Limo, Alessandra is dressed in a red mid-thigh dress her date is Fabrizio while Amaris that wore a silver sleeveless dress is walking with Zeus. I don't know who are Brio and Savio's dates.

I wrap my arm around Emilio as we walk in, passing the security.

The ballroom was professionally decorated with large round tables with red table cloths on them. Several colourful flowers, mainly red and white were organized at the centre of each table along with the candles.

As expected, the dance room was large which was most of it grey. Servers were walking among the crowd.

Everyone's eyes are glued to us, we have gained their attention.

Women ogle Emilio as men do the same for me.

It was filled with mobsters, criminals and drug dealers and here I am a detective between them.

The guests part as we stride in, they fear the Donatiellos and it is evident in their faces.

We stop at some people greeting Emilio "Molto tempo non vedi, Emilio." A woman claims, sipping a drink.
(Long time no see, Emilio.)

"Pressione del Lavoro." He says calmly and bored.
(pressure of work)

"È un piacere vederti qui." The man next to her lets out, who seems to be a mafioso.
(It is a pleasure to see you here.)

"Allo stesso modo." Emilio shakes his hand. The mafioso then kisses my hand.

"Chi è lei?" He asks him.

In response, Emilio tightens his grip on my waist, saying "Valentina."

"Oh. Ciao Valentina." He smiles and shakes his hand as I do the same.

"Come on let's go." Emilio whispers in my ear then he tells him "I will talk to you later."

We join the rest on a table.

After few drinks, Emilio stands, exclaiming "Shall we?" He raises a hand that I take and stand up, motioning me to dance.

"It would be my pleasure. But be careful with your moves, Emilio." I smirk at him as we reach the dance floor.

"Are you challenging me, amore?" He arches a teasing eyebrow at me, taking his spot on the floor.

"Yes." I don't erase the smirk that formed on my lips.

I lock my arm around his waist, taking the first step.  I drag my hand from his abs that tensed under my touch, to his hard chest, resting it there.

"You should be careful now." He asserts, his hand moving from my hand to my wrist as we sway to the music.

Then he places his hand in mine, twirling me that I am in the front.

He traces my curves as we continued to dance, our faces inches apart.

He dipped me down, his hand trailing over my exposed thigh.

As he began to raise my body, I moved my hand from his chest to his neck. His breath hitched under my touch.

He scooped me slowly, the band hitting their final note.

This whole time his eyes never left mine, his icy ones locked on mine.

The music died, applause replaced it.

I look around the room, most eyes were still on us. I can say that Emilio was the centre of attention and me being with him added more.

I stride over Alessandra that was smirking at me. I give her a gentle slap on the shoulder.

Before Emilio excuses himself saying that he needed to solve something, his lips graze my ears mumbling "Wait for me."

I keep standing, searching and trying to recognise the crowd.

"That is Marcelino." Amaris chimes.

I look over him to see a man, a large and big man.

He comes closer to the table as he ignores the others, his attention only on me.

"Valentine Los Santos Azevedo?" His deep voice was startling enough.

"How can I help you?" I tip my head.

"May I have the pleasure?" He raises his hand.

I debated whether to dance with him or not but fuck it.

I link my hand with him as the music starts again.

But before we were able to dance, I spot Emilio.

A furious Emilio approaching me.