45|ferly

ferly:(n.) Something unusual, strange, or causing wonder or terror.

) Something unusual, strange, or causing wonder or terror

Sleep avoided me like a bitch, my eyes stayed open.

After I heard Emilio say those words, I felt betrayed because I love him.

Was he acting the whole time?

A tear slides down my cheek as I clutch the pillow in my chest, hugging it.

Who did he tell those words? I am pretty sure that one he told is a girl because I managed to hear a feminine voice from across the phone.

I feel my heart bleeding, that's the flaw of love.

I trusted him enough to feel he returned the feelings I had for him.

I couldn't get myself to step into Emilio's bed so I took the guest room.

My heart skips a beat when Emilio's engine stops in front of the estate. I close my eyes and inhale a deep breath.

I open them again and the time is one am in the morning. Where did he go?

I hear his footsteps as he walks to his floor. A few minutes pass, the sound of the opening and closing doors almost annoy me.

Then the door of my room opens and he walks in, sighing. I instantly close my eyes to act as if I am sleeping.

He throws his shirt, getting in the bed as he pushes me closer to his chest.

"Mia madre had called me saying that she wants to see me for the last time before she dies." He sought, drawing lazy circles across my belly.

So he was telling his mom he loved her. A relieved smile crept to the corner of my lips.

Is he telling the asleep me or the awaken me?

After I don't answer he says " I know you are awake, Val." The nickname made my heart flip.

I stay silent.

"Why are you sleeping here?" He asks now.

"Because I want to?" I don't turn my head.

"I know you heard me telling her that I loved her." I almost freeze.

"I saw you following me but you know this was the first time I told her that I loved her." His hand travels upwards to meet my breast as he palms it with a squeeze.

I fall asleep before I heard him continue his words.

~~~~~

Brio distributed vests on the whole group while Savio was giving everyone loaded pistols.

Black SUVs were ready as everybody was.

I couldn't miss the thought of someone here dying, I loved them all

"If you, Valentina die today you will die in the name of the Donatiellos or other words as a Donatiello." Brio grips my shoulders saying.

"God forbids her dying," Alessandra mutters as she was watching us get prepared.

I meet Emilio's gaze, it was intense as if he was studying my reaction to being called a Donatiello.

He ushers me to go toward him with two fingers.

As I walk, his gaze never leaves my eyes.

When I reach him, he kisses me, his mouth on mine, hot and sweet.

He pulls back, his forehead on mine. As the words leave his mouth, although they are my favourite, I feel it like a goodbye. "I love you, Valentina."

~~~~

Buckle ya seat belts, three more chapters to go💃💃💃