fifty-four | stranger things

Like usual, Freya had woken before the sun did

Distracting her mind, Freya had watched Jacob sleep with a hint of a smile on her face. Despite everything, he looked peaceful, soundlessly asleep with his lips parted open and eyes dancing with dreams behind his eyelids.

Freya's fingers traced his face, only pulling her hand away as he fidgeted in his sleep. His arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him as his warm breath blew against her face.

"It's too early, Freya," whispered Jacob in her ear. "Go back to sleep."

"I can't," she told him, quietly.

Jacob's eyes opened, not saying anything as his lips met her own, attempting to chase away any darkness that plagued Freya's mind. "I love you."

Freya felt like she might combust. "I love you, Jake."

Jacob rolled onto his back, bringing Freya with him as her leg entwined with his. His hand fell on her back, tracing small circles as if to soothe her, but they both knew that Freya would not be falling back asleep.

And her point was proven as her phone rang.

"Who calls at this time?" Jacob muttered.

Freya reached for her phone, noticing the chill air as her skin was left exposed without Jacob to keep her warm. It was Carlisle calling, to which Jacob sat up, head falling on Freya's shoulder to see for himself with a sigh.

"What do they want now?"

Freya answered, putting her phone on speaker.

"Carlisle?"

"Hi, Freya, I apologise for calling at this hour," said Carlisle. "But you tend to be up, so I thought I'd try. I was wondering if you wanted to join us this morning? Jasper, Emmett, Alice and I are trying to figure out the Volturi situation."

"We'll be there," Jacob decided for Freya.

"Oh, good morning, Jacob."

"Morning, doc," mumbled Jacob, exchanging a look with Freya.

How had their life come to this?

Freya and Jacob found themselves getting up for the day after that with her boyfriend disappearing to his temporarily set up room. Then, Freya left her parents a note so that they won't panic before the two helped themselves to breakfast before they left.

"Once this is settled," said Jacob, revving his motorcycle as he glanced back at Freya. "We will have a normal day, right?"

"I don't think normal exists with us," Freya reminded him, folding her arms around him. "But, we've still got time for us to be together, Jake. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

They then leave, where Freya hoped that the sound of them leaving didn't wake up her sleeping family. Forks was quiet as they drove past the town with Freya's eyes falling on the sky above them, praying that the greyish clouds stayed dry.